GIVE JUST ME JESUS

How much we can learn about Jesus from the names and terms given to him in the first chapter of John! Guess how many – seventeen! Word, God, Light, Jesus Christ, Son, Lord, Jesus, Lamb of God, Son of God, Rabbi, Master, Messias, Christ, Jesus of Nazareth, son of Joseph, King of Israel, Son of man. Those I found (in KJ), did I miss any?

My favorite:  JESUS, the God Man who shows me what the others mean!  The one that I use to explain HIM to my little ones.  The one I have not outgrown.  The one God gave to give me an idea of what HE is like.

************I couldn’t figure out how to put the video on.  Need some lessons!  But the link is worth following.  A sweet song my grandchildren and I love.

This entry was posted in Jesus, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to GIVE JUST ME JESUS

1. oneta hayes says:

Oh, it did work! 😀

2. Stacey Lynn says:

Wow! I didn’t realize there were that many names of Jesus in that one chapter, that’s awesome 🙂 Now I’m going to have to go back and read it again!

Seems like John wanted to give a strong emphasis on the man who was the subject of his book, doesn’t it? Let me know if I missed any. It would be interesting to see if all these names are in the NIV since it is the translation I generally use. I haven’t compared them. Thanks for the comment.

• Stacey Lynn says:

Yes, if I find any you missed, I’ll certainly let you know 🙂 But I doubt you have. As far as their being in the NIV, I can’t say. I know that that particular version leaves out entire verses in some books, so it’s quite possible that they’re not the same. But maybe not. I am a firm believer that something as simple as a “translation” cannot stop God’s Word, or His Name, from getting to where it needs to be 🙂

Sometimes a trade off is positive if it gives more people exposure to truth. I think a person can find out enough from a Chirldren Bible Story book to show Christ, so I don’t have too much trouble. However, if I am studying out a particular “doctrine” is consult KJ. It does have the advantage of time. A lot of reading in that book in it centuries of research and study. It was he basis of truth for a lot of Godly men and women.

3. judyjourneys says:

Oneta, that is a beautiful video. Thanks for sharing it!

Thank you Oneta for the reminder of all He is through His Names. Regarding translations I am only disappointed when I find in, for example, Good News translation of the Bible that when it should be Spirit meaning God has been written s and understood by many has being the human spirit. A classic example is in the book of Acts when Phillip is taken by the Spirit to Antioch. (at least 200 miles away). All major translations are confident this is a ‘miracle’. There are scholarly expositions dating back generations about this happening. In Good News it sounds like he decided to go for a walk. I always find your blog challenging.

5. Autumn Cote says:

Would it be OK if I cross-posted this article to WriterBeat.com? There is no fee; I’m simply trying to add more content div6ersity for our community and thought this was insightful. I’ll be sure to give you complete credit as the author. If “OK” please let me know via email.

Autumn
    AutumnCote@WriterBeat.com

6. Dawn Marie says:

A precious song which enhances such a wonderful post reminding us of ALL He truly IS. Hugs & Blessings, dear friend!