SEEK ME – RSVP

deepest desire

Having sought Him

And accepting his grace,

I now say my deepest desire

Is to behold His face.

************

Before posting this I ask myself about the truth of this statement.  I am convinced that I am not just being “pious” in this desire.  There are other desires that I have.  I desire intensely that my precious loved ones be healed of cancer.  I desire deeply that my family to many generations live peacefully and love Jesus.  I desire greatly that my family have the basic necessities of life.  But for myself there is no greater desire than to sense the presence of my Savior  day by day and to live with him face to face eternally.  ……………Meanwhile, I want my husband to get my car fixed, and I want to have a successful garage sale, and I want to lose some weight!  😀

Prompt by Michelle for November 3 “deepest desire”

A new poetry form for me – the ‘Naani’, a four line poem containing 20-25 syllables.  Learn more at   https://thotpurge.wordpress.com/2017/11/04/micropoetry-month-nov-2017-4/

This entry was posted in Christianity, naani, November Writing Prompts, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to SEEK ME – RSVP

1. This is awesome. I have numerous needs and desires myself, but ultimately I seek His face. It’s not pious at all, I think it’s what we were made for. All these other things are really just back ground noise,significant,important to me, but the Lord’s got this thing,all will be well.

• Oneta Hayes says:

So glad you understand. I believe anyone who has once glimpsed Him, will never have a higher desire than to do so again.

You are merge the sublime with the entirely practical–they are one and same.

• Oneta Hayes says:

I guess if God had only wanted us to dwell only in the sublime, in the spiritual, he would have created us for that world instead of placing us on earth for the purpose of dealing with earthly matters. I’m rather glad we can experience both. Thanks, dawnliz.

3. thotpurge says:

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing!

I love the way you have blended the two desires in your post. We are called to live this life from a heavenly perspective ie …..see the world from His Perspective but we must live it through all the issues as you have stated. These are the thoughts to ponder……Let us all be Heavenly Minded yet real people in the nitty gritty of the here and now. Thank you!

5. Debbie L says:

Powerful! Love this.

6. Dawn Marie says:

A wonderful tapestry you wove reminding us of the fabric of life & how tattered it can be when the strings are left broken.

7. A very down to earth post. While we seek to know him more and more we definitely do have others needs. The blessing of it is that he knows these needs and will sort them out. I hope you do get your car fixed by your husband 😀 meanwhile I need a brand new car of mine own… Hoping that it will show up somehow too😀. Have a blessed day.

So much to be thankful for. Granddaughter loaned us her car today. Hardly what I had in mind but nice of her. We made a quick 100 mile trip to my son’s. Still hoping for my own to get fixed. I can drive it, but it groans about it! 😀

8. Pingback: November Writing Prompt Participants – Putting My Feet in the Dirt