BEING GRATEFUL

Late into night.

Playing old games;

Learning new names.

Meeting new folks;

Telling old jokes.

“Come on in, you all;

My, you’re getting tall.”

Pot’s boiling;

Mama’s toiling.

Thanksgiving sounds,

Gaining pounds.

For all these things, Lord,

I’m ever so grateful.

I’LL SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This entry was posted in Thanksgiving, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to BEING GRATEFUL

1. atimetoshare.me says:

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

2. joyroses13 says:

Happy Thanksgiving.to you! Enjoued the poem!

3. Happy Thanksgiving, Oneta!

4. mitchteemley says:

Hope you have/had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Oneta!

Your verse was such fun to read. I hope your Thanksgiving celebration is wonderful — and that you get a full portion of hugs, along with your turkey!

6. Dawn Marie says:

A happy, holy Thanksgiving Oneta – filled with lots of hugs & blessings being sent from far away!

Sounds amazing! We here marked thanksgiving only recently introduced into our culture as a no holiday but a day to give thanks for all the blessings in our lives including the folks who care for our safety ie firemen, paramedics, ambulances, lifesavers etc. Hope your Thanksgiving Day was enjoyed and well spent.

Wednesday evening, Thanksgiving dinner; Thursday Thanksgiving dinner; Friday, Thanksgiving dinner at three locations. Saturday leftovers. Refrig stuffed. I kept extremely even though I didn’t cook any of these. The good thing about the “busy” was that I didn’t gain weight. 😀

8. wetraveltoo says:

So powerful word. Thank you for that!