LISTEN UP, LADIES

whistle

Listen up, Ladies.  Many of you I am mad at!  I have been where most of you are in age and maturity.  But I have been in one place most of you are not, and I am so sorry for you.  Individually you may be innocent, but the culture in which you live, is NOT.  I had an advantage of living in a culture that was innocent.  You know the culture I am referring to.  Many of you mock it – the 50’s when Father Knows Best respected fathers, I Love Lucy was funny without sex and body functions, Leave it to Beaver had a mother at home, Wagon Train where men protected the ladies.  We no longer reap what was sown in those years.

This rage of mine today finally tipped over from the headline indicating  students and faculty at Tennessee State University can no long “whistle in a suggestive manner” without danger of being fired, fined, or dismissed.  Say what!

Women, where have you been every night there has been a one night stand?  Where have you been when a couple has “shacked up?”  Where have you been while the law has made it possible for you to legally killed your baby because you were willingly participating in the act that caused that baby?  Where have you been when movie makers made a fortune on filth?

For every one night stand there has been a girl involved.  Every time a couple “shack up” there is a girl involved.  Don’t good all “naive” on me.  Your acceptance of pre-marital sex has become so dominate, the very innocent recognition of a male noticing you, you interpret as an aggression – a harassment, a threat.   In too many cases, accepting a dinner invitation has equaled an overnight stay in the motel room.  How far is that from the norm?  I don’t know but I do know from reading “singles” blogs it is viewed widely as expected.

I’ve been whistled at – a wolf whistle – it is called.  Sometimes it might have made me uncomfortable, but at the same time I was glad to be noticed!  It was not an invitation for a romp in the bed; it was not a “warning” that I might be raped.

From 50 to 80 % of women spend $43 on a shopping trip for make-up, totaling up to about $15,000 for make-up in a lifetime.  And you don’t want to be noticed!?

Schools teach children how to “protective” sex measures because of their “raging hormones” but you are aghast at a guy’s raging hormones at a drinking party!  I am told if I don’t like filthy movies, stay away.  I pass that on to you ladies, if you don’t like what happens when you are loopy drunk, stay away from the loopy drunk stage.

So some time a guy waits for you to get off work in order to walk you home.  Well that has happened to me also.  It didn’t mean we hopped into bed when we got there.  It meant he might ask me out for a movie sometime.  (My bad luck, since I didn’t go to movies.)

I was in a car driving main with about five guys one time; I got there because of a male cousin.  What!?  The most sexual thing they did was take a sharp right turn fast enough to laugh at the fact that I leaned against the driver.  Yep, they laughed at me.  Dare one of them run for political office now!  What a story!

I was also walking to church early one Sunday morning when a guy circled me a few times by driving around the block.  After a while he invited me to get in.  No way!  I had sense enough to know something that was NOT innocent.

So everything was not innocent.  No – but overall the culture was one of innocence.  Breaking those mores was as much the fault of women as it was of men.  We want to be equal?  We want control?  Then take some responsibility for the garbage that masquerades itself as normal in this age of progressive enlightenment.   Stop playing the victim!  Stop lying!  (Oops even if you lasted this long, I lost you then. I’ll be back with that charge.)  “You felt threatened thirty years ago, but could only swallow your trauma until just in “the nick of time” to make you trauma public.

I’m not through but I’m quitting.  I will be back for some further sage advice later.

This entry was posted in culture, feminist, sexual practices, sexual situations, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to LISTEN UP, LADIES

1. Oneta, all I can do to this is to say amen and add and exclamation point—I am mad…mad at all the ladies out there who this speaks to and yes even sad…said for that loss of innocence that everyone has been so hell bent on doing away with…
    Your post is so on point and rings of such truth….and I am sad because so many just won’t get it…..

2. Amen, Oneta. I’m going to have to share this one. I share a lot of your feelings.

3. Pingback: “Listen Up Ladies” | See, there's this thing called biology...

4. Wally Fry says:

So….if I agree with this will I get in trouble? Nice job. It’s a really scary time to be a man to be honest. It’s like if we allow any of the ways The Lord made us to be shown in any way, we are aggressive, exploiting monsters.

Hey, a man with courage. I’ll let you go guard my next wagon train going west. 😀

• Wally Fry says:

Ha. And don’t misunderstand please. No man should use his power, if he has it, to coerce anybody sexually. Then again I always have gone with …don’t fish in the company pond. Yet now normal male behavior is considered harassing. Good grief I’d be under the jail. Ask my wife. She says i chased her down, as I was pretty persistent. I actually called her once while she was out with somebody else lol, just to keep myself in the ring. Today I’d be a stalker, 11 years ago it was considered being bold and assured.

I’m not misunderstanding anything. I’m just thinking the scales of justice are heavily weighted by a lot of garbage. If women want equality, they should quit whining, telling tales, and having cramps. Truth and justice are powerful weapons if they are used for the purpose of truth and justice. It does take a while but not thirty years. More immediate rescue can come with a swift kick to you know where (or as my type would have it, a good hard slap in the face) and a swift report to HR. If they stay because they have to have the job, that’s equality. Many a man stays with a job because he has to have the paycheck. I could get back on the soapbox pretty easily, couldn’t I? 😀 Thanks for the comments, and congratulations on sticking to your dream woman. You might empathize with my young hero today – blog It’s Tough Being a Boy.

5. atimetoshare.me says:

The day is coming when any physical contact, including a simple handshake,will be perceived as sexual harassment. We have lost our innocence and I feel it is in part because if the feminist movement. Looking at the way women in the workplace dress, is bound to draw attention from the opposite sex. Everything is upside down!

Yep, don’t you know those five inch heels are worn for comfort! Long thin legs are just a pleasant side effect. It will take stilts for my legs to be noticed. 😀 Seriously there are some very sad effects. I heard some man say today that he learned in Kdg not to touch and he followed that rule. I would be afraid to be a teacher now; I don’t know how to comfort or teach hurting children without a touch.

• atimetoshare.me says:

Oneta, you and I are cut from the same cloth. We have to find the humor in all this madness or we will definitely go mad. There are no clear definitions as to what sexual harassment is, which throws this into a rabbit hole that never ends. I love the comfort of a hug and having taught young children , I know they need the encouragement of a tender touch. I’m afraid much of our world has forgotten how to be compassionate.

Oh Oneta. Thank you for expressing it so powerfully. The slide in family values, morality and the stuff of political correctness has unravelled what you have highlighted so graphically. The rise of so called ‘equal rights’ and the feminist agenda was a deceptive inroad into what has indeed begun a slippery slide of decline . Graphic portrayal of what is occurring but glad you could express it so well. Like atimetoshare.me above we are cut from the same cloth. Common sense and an ethic that of upbringing that said NO to stuff, today is considered a normal passage of growing up. What rubbish!

7. oneta hayes says:

I’ve had company. They have gone to bed. I’m tired but wanted to take a peek at you all. Thanks for this comment, Faye. You are right in all these observations. Good night from me. 😀

8. Pingback: The Weekly Headlines – My Daily Musing

I visited your web. Looks like a place to spend profitable time, but I am sorely limited. Isn’t that everybody’s story. Anyway, thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. I like to follow folks back home and see where they spend their time. 😀

• SLIMJIM says:

I know what you mean about the limitation with time! I imagine we will see and read and encounter each other’s blog again seeing our common blogging friends!

9. Amen sister! A voice of reason amongst the madness of today! Wish everyone would read this!

10. Licirose Lee says: