THE WORD BECAME FLESH

god

Just a man like you and me.  Jesus, son of man. John 1:14, “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” That is the incarnation of Christ. The Moody Handbook of Theology by Paul Enns says “Jesus became a human being in order to identify with us in our struggles (Heb. 2:17) and, more importantly, so that He could die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins (Philippians 2:5-11).” Hypostatic union is the theological term that refers to Jesus being fully God and fully man. If you are interested, that is how to look online for more information. It is over my head; I believe it because the Bible teaches it. I put that along with all the other stuff I don’t understand about God! But that is the reason for Christmas! I guess it was scene one for the story of our salvation. JESUS is OUR reason for the season, but WE are HIS reason for the season!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, DEAR ONES!

HE came that HE might die that WE might live!

This entry was posted in Christmas, God, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to THE WORD BECAME FLESH

1. Salvageable says:

The mysteries of the Holy Trinity and of Christ’s Incarnation are far beyond human understanding. We know they are true because God said it himself, and God cannot lie. The Incarnation is far worthier of celebration than any other trapping of the Christmas season. Blessings to you in your celebrations. J.

Thank you. Yes, it is a pointless venture to try to figure out the mystery of God, but I don’t think he minds. We are fools, however, to refuse to accept him by faith just because he is too “much” for us. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

2. mandibelle16 says:

Merry Christmas Oneta. Great explanation, very clear when you are right, many things about God are not always. Have a lovely holiday!

3. Steph McCoy says:

Merry Christmas Oneta!

Thank you, Steph. We had our family time Saturday. I went to my sister’s and spend the Eve. Looked at lights and watched “It’s a Wonderful Life.” Sounds “Christmasy” doesn’t it? It was nice. Came home a few hours ago. Doing some catch up on the blog reading. Love that too. I’ve been blessed with your acquaintance this year. Have a wonderful new year. 😀

• Steph McCoy says:

It does sound Christmasy. On the recommendation of one of my blogger friends yesterday evening I watched the original version of Miracle on 34th Street and for the first time I realized several of the lines were very applicaple to today’s fast paced society.

I’ve been blessed with your acquaintance as well Oneta. While I don’t make New Year’s resolutions in 2018 I’m hoping I’ll be able to reconnect with fellow bloggers as well as meet new ones to follow. It still amazes me how we can meet so many people from all corners of the earth with a few simple keystrokes.