WEATHER DRAMA

weather

Do I care about the weather?

Really not much concerning whether

The clouds are low or they are high.

Just tell me if it’ll be wet or dry.

I want to know “hot” or “cold”

Not how much precipitation the air will hold.

Will it be a “bad hair” day?

I need to know when I’ve used enough spray.

High winds make skirts tease

As they are raised above the knees.

If too much breeze

Into my jeans, I must squeeze.

How much deodorant should I use?

How long the sleeves should I choose?

I don’t want to wear shoes of swede

If in puddles I must wade.

But what do I get from the weatherman? –

Drama! Drama!  I nearly died

That day when the weatherman cried.

All I want is for them to tell me

How to dress for the day at six thirty!

****************

I do a lot of griping here in Oklahoma about how “panicky” the weather watchers are.  Of course they do help save lives when the tornadoes come whamming in, but I would take better precautions if they would quit yelling wolf as soon as they see a puppy.  Yeah, I hear you, you want to be told if there is a puppy coming!  😀

****************

Thank you, Linda, for the January challenge “JusJoJan”  Today’s word “drama”

This entry was posted in JusJoJan, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to WEATHER DRAMA

1. LindaGHill says:

Lovely poem, Oneta! It really is difficult to know how to dress sometimes, isn’t it? 🙂

2. This poem made me grin, ear-to-ear! So true. We just want the predictions for the weather… we can do without all the “drama.” 🙂

3. atimetoshare.me says:

Up here in Minnesota, we are dealing with below freezing temperatures and no real relief in sight. We have frozen sidewalks, roads, cars and water pipes. I’m getting used to doing my dishes in the bath tub. I agree that the weather folks like to embellish, especially when they’ve had a stretch of normal weather, but they do go overboard at times.

I just came from a visit at your blog. Commented on your snow fun about a month ago. Thanks for understanding my impatience with weathermen(women) who “embellish” as you say. I like that word. 😀

4. calmkate says:

lol great poem that brightened my day … no such issue where I live, one day is sunny and the next also sunny, so no need to listen to those fortune tellers … 🙂

I chat now and then with a weather professional here in Houston. He’s part of a site called Space City Weather. They’re known for a hype-free approach to forecasting, and they certainly helped get us through Hurricane Harvey and that terrible flood.

In any event, I quoted that last paragraph you wrote to Matt, and he appreciated it. That’s what they’re trying to do: to mention there’s a puppy in the neighborhood when one’s lurking around, and if they spot a wolf, to let people know. He thought your comment was great, and so do I.

6. oneta hayes says:

I am humbled. You know I do a lot of “tongue-in-check” without enough tribute sometimes. That puppy lurks and grows fast sometimes, but I don’t want to go to the cellar until I have to. Thanks, Linda.

Thank you Oneta. its good to know the weather craziness is world wide. Here where I live each day lately we are getting warning about Massive storms with potentials to ? take us all out. Talk about drama. when I was a child we had pretty hectic storms. We would look up read the sky take appropriate action. Get candles ready. Make sure we had fresh water and ability to eat our dinners and simply got on with life. Now we are bombarded with the weather maps and the shock tactics. We have a gas stove so cooking can still apply. Candles work beautiful if the power goes out. As far as clothing is concerned. We once simply put away the warm clothes and brought out the summer ones. It’s changed a bit these days so we walk in summer but keep galoshes, raincoats umbrellas ready on veranda. We go from great heat to being quite chilly after so………practically nothing on then ? maybe a jacket. It must be harder when you have to deal with snow. Cheers!

Thanks, Faye. Sounds like your weather might get a little boring for the weathermen so they have to add a lot of elaborate pictures, drawings, and explanations 😀 It must be nice to be in an area that stays pretty moderate most of the time.

8. Dawn Marie says:

We received our entire annual winter average of snow in the manner of ONE month, giggles. National news broadcasting from our area and being dubbed SNOWMAGEDON. Your post was simply delightful in light of it all! Snow-mitten Hugs to you!

Snowmagedon! Wonderful to illustrate my point. I’m sure that much snow was inconvenient, but being snowed in does have some positive outcomes – like a slow day without need to get out of pj’s. Everybody needs a snow day on occasion. 😀