LOW ECONOMY TAKING TOLL

Sweet aroma

salt shaker

I’ve just experienced something that has made me realize this U.S.A. economy really has slowed down!  What did I do?  I washed my salt and pepper shakers!  I’ve been Ms Stewart in my household for 62 years and I never remember washing salt and pepper shakers before.  I just upgraded them in the past when I had a job and could afford to throw dollars to the wind.  I remember the exhilaration of that upgrade!   Tupperware!  That set with the “hingy” top. . . . (Time out.) . . .

. . .Had a time out because curiosity got me.  I went online.  Couldn’t find them.  Knowing they are in existence since they are drying out on my kitchen cabinet, I would not be refused.  (These are the kinds of activities that cause situations like my Christmas stuff not yet being put away.)  I finally found some on e-bay. …

View original post 240 more words

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to LOW ECONOMY TAKING TOLL

1. oneta hayes says:

I’m commenting on my own re-blog. Still learning. I thought a re-blog gave a chance for some explanation before really sailing the wide open, but it didn’t. Notice I was commenting about the low economy last year when I wrote this. Now you can probably all hop right out and buy new shakers! This is only one year old but I had forgotten. I wanted to give you a chance at left-overs. Most of you did not read (or did not leave me any tracks). I have quite a lot of new readers this year so, dear bloggers new or old, I hope you enjoy my analysis of the economy as indicated by the state of your salt and pepper shakers. 😀

2. Dawn Marie says:

I remember those S&Ps! Are yours in one of the fun pastel colors or the milky white? My mom even had a picnic-basket sized set. We’d take them with us on our trips to the Beach for the day! I’m glad you found them on eBay… My Christmas decorations came down (sadly) today. It was a beautiful Christmas and I was forlorn when packing it all away. (Good thing the Spirit can live in our hearts for the entire year. 😉) Early Hugs to you, for when you take down yours too!

Your mom must have been rich! 😀 How cute those picnic-size must have been! Not worth much for chicken frying. Oh, those luxuries in life. Mine are/were very practical – red, and held enough salt a few months before refilling. Of course, the container part might be milky white if I would pour out the salt and wash them. No, I’m joking. They are not dirty, just salty.

3. Roos Ruse says:

Brother has been giving me face about not having my Christmas boxes out away yet too. You’re in good company. I don’t start to be concerned about them until the end of January. And to spare all your readers I won’t comment on my experience replacing my pepper grinder 😄

Sounds like a good story. My Christmas scenes stay with a bit switch from reindeer and nativity to snowmen until at least Valentine’s Day. I do my kitchen window for Valentine’s. Christmas is good all winter as far as I am concerned – lacking Santa and presents of course. I have one nativity scene I leave all year. Love it. It is in a bookcase with a glass window. All year, okay, huh.

4. Salvageable says:

I’ve got a pepper grinder and a sea salt grinder–they both could probably use a good washing. J.

I have a huge pepper grinder (about 3/4 metre long) It was given to me several years ago to be used at BBQ’s. (ie stand well back and grind the pepper/garlic/whatever…straight onto the steak. I forgot all about it until your blog. It’s probably in a picnic basket. Perhaps it needs a good wash. These days it does tend to be more simple…salt and pepper shakers. I try to observe the 12 days of Christmas (mainly because of the heat here) by 6th January everything is looking ‘droopy’. Carefully putting away is a chore but what joy when Advent comes around again to rediscover some treasures. Also to be once again reminded of the Reason for the Season.) A couple of small silver angels have refused to detach from edge of a photo frame. I guess I will leave them. Chances are no one will notice. I’ll accept them now as part of the décor. .

Sounds like a good idea to solve a problem – making them a part of the decor. I have never had a pepper grinder. See them when I go out occasionally – or when I went out occasionally. 😀