JUSTICE GONE AWRY

justice

Surely I don’t have to wear the label of “racism” to believe justice has gone awry!

Compare two “accidental” deaths by men who “didn’t intend to.”

1.  “Jury recommends two life sentences for man who killed two Oklahoma sisters in drunk driving crash”

2.  “Defendant in Kate Steinle shooting case sentenced to time served”

January Prompt “justice” by Barb

Image  Thanks to Pixabay

This entry was posted in JusJoJan, Just Jot It January, 2017, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to JUSTICE GONE AWRY

1. Laura says:

Sometimes nothing makes sense…. 😢

You’re right. I guess we expect too much to believe “man” can make such things right. After all even an “eye for an eye” application can’t wipe away the fact that one “life” was innocent and the “life” was guilty. Thanks, Laura.

2. Debbie L says:

Where’s the sad crying 😢 face instead of “like” for this post. My heart aches for all the families who lose a loved one in such senseless acts.

So true. The family of the girls who were killed were “relieved” at the harsh sentence, but no matter the sentence the girls are not restored to them. Makes me understand the freedom that comes with forgiveness. In both cases, that is an important step toward peace. A “life” for a “life” principle is not justice because it is a guilty life for an innocent life. Some people walk through might tough times. I glad to know Jesus will walk with me. I hope they have that knowledge also.

3. this whole thing is terrible—the loss of life in both cases it tragic…but you are so right—we have overkill or maybe the right measure, and then we have nothing…as in no measure…
    It just all makes me mad and sad…​

As I said to Laura (top) even “life” for “life” is not justice, because it is a guilty life for a innocent life. Not just. Come to think of it, I guess that is why Jesus had to die. He gave an innocent life for a guilty life, whereby we can be just(ified). That just slide right through my fingers onto this paper. Might be noteworthy. 😀

Sadly this trend is worldwide. I pray I’m not racist I see equality and equal opportunities for ALL PEOPLE but sometimes justice does seem to work in strange ways. I still think of the agony of the man whose wife and child were killed on a pedestrian crossing. ‘accidental’ lack of concentration as the penalty and time served was handed down. Yet man who reversed into his wife who ran behind the car got three years for dangerous driving.??? You cause us to think. Thank you.

I think too many judges think they know best no matter what the law says, but on the other hand I do like judges who can think out of the box to help in some situations. For such things one must have Godly wisdom. I noticed in my study and teaching of the Minor Prophets, they called out against unjust judges a lot! So I guess nothing new under the sun.

5. I have hope. Jesus will serve justice, one day. Until then, we morn the death of the innocents.

Be blessed. God is God and in control.