There once was a lady, I think she was Persian,

Whose mind was scattered by drips of diversion;

Much trivia filled her thoughts to submersion

I much doubted when I heard of her version –

Of tigers in Siberia

Of wisteria in Algeria

Of politics in Nigeria

Of  bacteria in Liberia

Even the kings of Assyria!

I check my history and I see

That lady has much in common with me!

Hey, Folks, something easy and fast again today.  But I’m working on other stuff.  Sort of “heavy” stuff.  And I’ve been working with my “manage” folders.  I have been following many whose e-mails I did not have turned on, so I was missing a lot of new posts from some newer people.  Also I have many e-mails of folks who never come around as far as I know, so those e-mails had to go.  I didn’t want to but I’m maxed out.  It is my desire to know the folks I blog to/for/with.  So if you never hear from me and you care, please let me know you are there!

Prompt:  “drips of diversion” by M

This entry was posted in humor, M's January prompt, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to SCATTER BRAINED!

1. you are a woman of many talents and gifts my friend…

2. ghostmmnc says:

I like the poem! .. As for managing folders, it’s such a chore, but I went through mine awhile ago. It helped! 🙂

It has taken a long time, but I have caught up for the first time in weeks that I haven’t had to “dump” some posts that I didn’t want to. They were getting smushed.

3. calmkate says:

lol love your fun stuff Oneta, always makes me smile … this one is superb!
    And frankly I have no idea how you get different print sizes … my ‘free’ blog seems to come in one size and colour only

Thank you, calmkate. I do not know how to set different font, but in the row of heading at the top of the editor there is a “Paragraph” where I can click and it gives an option of Heading 1 (largest) Heading 2, Heading 3, and I think 4. I don’t want anything less than 3 so I haven’t put that in my brain. The two sizes above are 1 (bottom) and 2. I write everything in the default font, then go to the separate paragraphs and “size” them. It will only do a full paragraph. I have tried to do lines or words, but it resizes the whole paragraph when I try that. See if it will work for you. 😀 I was thinking of you a couple hours ago when I got through my e-mails. I missed you. Wondered if you were at the doctors or someplace. I realize you must occasionally take time off from blogging. I’ll go check now. Maybe you have posted in the last hour.:D

4. Love the poem.

I moved away from emails and now view blogs via the reader. Seems to help but was a lot of work getting there.

I don’t really know how to use Reader correctly. For instance, when I go there I only find about a fifth of the selections from people I recognize. It would be pure chance if I found you unless maybe I kept a list of people to look for. I think a lot of people prefer Reader so I probably just do not know what I’m doing there!

Was this a prompt for a limerick challenge?. It is clever. Thank you. I am keeping my blog ? friends to a personal ‘connection’ I can manage. I am working on a new Website for 2018 and on there I will share all the longer ……ie Sacred Musings…..revelations etc. Blogging has now become both a delight and a journey. I love the variety of your posts. update on personal prayer needs on Sunday’s entry. Thank you for caring.

Today’s just happened to the limerick style somewhat. I did it deliberately on the first line because Persian rhymed with diversion; then it rolled right along. Michelle in “putting my feet in the dirt” suggested the prompt. She gives prompts for everyday, but I can’t fit them all in. Everyone can choose their own style – prose, poetry, whatever hits your fancy!

Lots of good rhymes here — I enjoyed it! I hardly ever see Liberia mentioned, unless I’m looking for news or particular information, so it was double fun to see it here.

I refused to check wisteria in Algeria. But it was too much fun to rhyme it. So I went with the “scatter” brain excuse if someone challenged me. Thanks, Linda. Hope you are staying comfortable. It seems like lots of folks in this dear country are not; it has been terrible cold here. Some snow with it would have been nice.

• shoreacres says:

I agree about the snow. I wish we’d had some. But, as it is, I’m very grateful that we didn’t get tree-limb downing ice, with all the power outages that entails. Today, it finally got above freezing, and tomorrow it’s going to be about 50! Up and down and up again — it’s a quite typical Texas winter, and really kind of nice. I hope you’re not suffering too badly!

7. pranabaxom says:

This is hilarious. Made me laugh.

8. Roos Ruse says:

Darling poem! It’s good to purge every so often. Please remember I’m around, but often can’t comment 😉

9. Pingback: January Writing Prompt Participants – Putting My Feet in the Dirt