SILENCE

silence

(Note: This is fictitious. My experience only via peers)

Poets are often out of balance

When extolling the beauty of silence.

The quietness after the screaming child

The stillness of a storm turned mild

The absence of a ringing bell

The peace that reigns where love doth dwell.

Very seldom do they write

Of a fearful couple in the night

In shock that comes from a doctor’s report

They have no words; they have no resort.

Of frugal efforts to hold back death

When love’s alone

and breath

has gone.

Silence.

Silence beckons me toward more sorrow.

But listen.  Voices call me to tomorrow.

Aww, things can never be the same

But I’m grateful for sons who bear his name.

Poets are often out of balance

When extolling the beauty of silence.

*****************

JustJotIt for January 21,  prompt “silence”

Image thanks to Pixabay

This entry was posted in Just Jot It January, 2017, long marriage, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to SILENCE

1. 364life.com says:

Really insightful contrast on the reality of life.

2. calmkate says:

great contrast to our usual version of silence and a more crippling one … widowhood, well done Oneta!

3. Hayley says:

Stunning, Oneta xx

4. joyroses13 says:

Wow! A very insightful look at silence!

Thank you, joyroses. I’ve been with a couple people at passing time. It was quiet! I’m sure that is not true in accidents and such like, but in truth death comes silently.

Many widows in my circle of present friends. The ones who have learned the value of silence as the Peace of God as a contrast to loneliness which is the reality of those who have found the emptiness of widowhood is often from the lack of inspirational endeavours which some have learned their whole life long. A very insightful look at silence in your blog. Thought provoking. Thank you.

6. calensariel says:

Beautifully written, Oneta, and so true. Once silence drives you to peace, the other can be totally terrifying.

Thank you, Calen. And yes, death can be terrifying. The only deaths I have been personally involved with are people of strong faith who really were ready to move on the the other side. That does not mean those of us who were left were welcoming of it, however.