POLITICAL DISARRAY

riot

How is this for political disarray? Isaiah 3:4-5 “I will make boys their officials; mere children will govern them. People will oppress each other – man against man, neighbor against neighbor. The young will rise up against the old, the base against the honorable.” I am well aware that God used “youth” in mighty ways—David, Samuel, Josiah and others. But I am thinking now of seeing how politically ignorant, especially those on college campuses, many are. I’m sure you have seen the kind of surveys I am talking about.

As a student I liked pretests.  It let me know where I needed to concentrate my thoughts and learn what I was missing – and show off what I already knew.  😀

As a teacher I found that most students hated pretests.  They come into class with a “I don’t need this” attitude.  I think this was mostly true in college remediation classes.  One of the first things needed for teaching and learning is to know what needs to be taught.

Where are young people who acknowledge that they “still have space in their heads” for learning and who eagerly want to fill that space?  Well they are not rioting, protesting, marching, demanding.  Chances are pretty good they are somewhere learning something.

I know some will yell about how legal and right it is to protest and march – how admirable to take a stand.  But I maintain those who are doing that should know what the issue is and what might be the results of their receiving their demands.  So they want socialism – let them learn what socialism is and what the results are before they make that demand.  So they want abortion?  Let them listen to some women who have lived that story.  So they want gender “freedoms”?  Then consider the “fruit” of that outcome.  They make charges against law enforcement because of certain criminal incidents that can be laid against police?  Let us live without police protection!

I had a conversation with one of my granddaughters when she was about nine years old.  She was expressing her opinion of the “nakedness” and “behavior”of some teen-agers.  I told her to go write a letter to herself for when she became a teen-ager.

And remembering another time when I was walking in Walmart with my young grandson, who beholding the weird teens walking toward us said, “Yuck, teenagers!”

Sometimes children have such good sense!  What happens to them?  Schools, culture, technology, churches, and decaying families is what happens to them!

This entry was posted in culture, Uncategorized, youth and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to POLITICAL DISARRAY

1. I couldn’t express this any better Oneta–nuff said!!

Yep!. Thank you Oneta for reflections and thank God we have His Spirit indwelling and for Pentecost. We can access 1 Cor. 2:16 and view the world as it really is….with the Mind of Christ. I’m out on a limb as well! But, it is the TRUTH. Praise God! Blessings! Keep writing! .you inspire.

There was a time when it seemed people had more common sense ever if they did not know the mind of the Lord. Common sense should keep us out of a lot of this stuff. Thanks, Faye.

3. Roos Ruse says:

Excellent advice to nine- year-olds!

4. foreverduke9 says:

Do you really honestly think that the students that are making demands for things such as abortion, gender rights, police brutality don’t know the outcomes of it? That assumption sounds a bit too naive to me. A teenager in this day and age and a teenager at your time are incomparable simply because teenagers nowadays are more aware of their surroundings and the world. We are way more knowledgeable than teenagers were 50 years ago. So I think it is a bit naive of you to think that we do not understand what we are asking for because we do, and we understand it way more than most adults do.

• foreverduke9 says:

Hi thanks for the warm welcome. I think that using outlets like these to keep in touch with the younger generation is something great that all elders should do. Communication helps create understanding.

Love it. It is rather hard to keep in touch, if one does not deliberately try to do so. I’ve been known to be a bit pushy at inserting myself into the youth community at times. I made quite a splash at a reunion in which I walked into a room and asked a young man to tell me about the meaning of his tattoos. He told me they were not very funny if I wasn’t drunk. I wasn’t. But we did have a conversation that they likely have not forgotten. That was when I was young – about seventy-five or so. I’m hopping over to your blog. I’ll follow and see what I think of your world. I will be blessed if I find you as happy with life as I am and have been through many ups and downs.

I wrote my response over on my blog comment space. Well, here is a copy. Hey, a big welcome to you. Thanks for the response. I didn’t skip the years through my last sixty or so. There have been teens in all of them. There hasn’t been a decade since 1940 that I have not observed teens, and never before have I found such followers! I checked your About. Thanks for the outrage. I love it, Dude. I didn’t know I could still address teens as “Dude” however. That has lasted quite a while. Hope to see you often – and I hope you’ll talk back. That’s how I keep on knowing the young folks! 😀 (I don;t know many of these fancy little pictures. I need help on this from the younger set.)