As the boils sting, Job said some things, that are good for me and you.
They are in the scripture; every word is true.
- God is in control, and he cares for my soul: “But he knows the way that I take, when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.” (23:10)
- In our flesh we will arise, and see God’s glorious surprise: “..after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God. I, myself will see him with my own eyes …” (19:26-27)
- A sinful life may be fun, but it’s just a moment in the sun: “…the mirth of the wicked is brief, and the joy of the Godless lasts but a moment.” (20:5)
- God is an intimate friend, his love for you knows no end: “Oh for the days when I was in my prime when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house.” (29:4)
- After death is too late to choose, you will find all hope you lose. “For what hope has the godless when he is cut off, when God takes away his life.” (27:8)
- Trust in God as we know we should; keep faith in the bad as well as the good: “shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” (Job 2:10)
Many lessons we can learn from the book of Job
Men have sorrow, troubles, trials all over the globe.
Bad things happen to good people, and good happens to bad,
Merry masks are often worn to cover the face of the sad.
Don’t look with longing on the wicked , they will reap what they have sown;
We judge success on worldliness, God measures on things unknown.
I have to bring one more thing before I end this blog
When clouds roll in and storms descend and your head is in a fog
Your best friends may turn away and leave you in a pickle
But be at rest, God’s love is best and He is never fickle!
images from Pixabay