SECOND THOUGHTS

Oneta 84

FIRST THOUGHT.  MY LAST BLOG “IN THE END, WHAT MATTERS?”

SECOND THOUGHT.  “IN THE END, WHAT MATTERS?”

I sat with my family in the hospital emergency room answering routine questions.   Do you smoke?  Easy, no.  Do you have a living will?  Not so easy. No, but I’m going to.  Do you want to be resuscitated?  Wow, these are getting hard!  Yes, I want to live.

I WANT TO LIVE!

Well my dear friends.  I’m alive,  And home again.

So – more about the End.  First off, be secure that your spirit is eternally alive in Christ Jesus.

Second, get with the “legal” matters that will be important to your family on the day you change from mortal to immortal.  Now, Oneta, get all those earthly matters taken care of.

This entry was posted in eternal life, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to SECOND THOUGHTS

1. Your get well card is still sitting on my kitchen table— but those prayers for healing have been on going!!!!

2. Oh my! I do hope you’re okay! Take care of you! 😊❤️🙏

3. pranabaxom says:

Thank almighty for the small mercies. Take care.

4. I’m praying for your healing! I am new to your blog, having only read a couple of posts so far. But I know this about you already: you deeply love the Lord Jesus. Also, I believe we are about the same age. I turned 65 last month.

Now I am recovering from surgery that was done 2 days ago. Waiting for biopsy results. Thinking a lot about mortality, especially as my daughter’s 79-year-old father, my ex-husband, is in a very bad way now. There was a LOT of hurt in that long ago marriage. An almost unbelievable amount of hurt, on every side. We did not know the Lord.. Forgiveness — oh, YES!

I wrote a song yesterday, the morning after my surgery. Here are the lyrics:

This is love
    Holding you through the storm
    This is love
    Walking with you through the fire
    This is love
    When the pain’s so overwhelming
    That it hurts my soul to breathe
    The peace of God is washing over me
    The grace of God’s great mercy
    A love that never fails
    is holding me!

Lovely. The words are so comforting. Truly the peace, grace, and love of the Lord surpasses any need we have. Sorry you are walking a troublesome path but we are in the protection of a loving God. Age? You are my son’s age. I’m 84. Thanks for reading my blog. Glad you have found peace for much of your past pain by the way of forgiveness. The Jesus Way.

5. judyjourneys says:

Oneta, your sharing your walk with God is always uplifting. Thank you.

6. Oneta, I know what you mean by those questions. Yes, we do need to take care of them. Good to hear that you’re home. God hears you saying, “I want to live.” I remember those moments 8 years ago.

In Him is life and death – spiritual and physical. Do ou hav a link to your story?

• I made 9 posts about my cancer treatment. Due to the miscommunication between the two hospitals and the medical staff, my referral for chemo didn’t get attention and I went from stage II to stage IV. I acted as my own advocate to demand for attention.
        This is the last post that sums up my treatments.

7. Olga says:

Sending you blessings for a recovery, Oneta. ❤

8. atimetoshare.me says:

So happy to hear you are home and recovering. You’ve been missed. I know what you’re saying about taking care of those end of life things. It’s hard to think about, but necessary. I’ll put it on my to do list for Monday. Take care my friend and prayers for a quick recovery.

9. Deb says:

Hi Oneta! I will be praying for your fast recovery. I hope that everything is fine with you now. Sending our love and kisses to you from Suriname 😍😘❤️

10. Roos Ruse says:

Praise God, you’re back and well is great news indeed! Take it easy and I’ll check my advance directive. ❤

11. joyroses13 says:

So great to hear from you! Been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. My Mom had hip replacement surgery 5 months ago.
    Praying your recovery goes smoothly!

12. calmkate says:

So relieved that you are still with us …

i’ve had a will since I was 19yo … here everything goes to the state and the family waste any credit fighting to get it, Leave a WILL, please? I also have an advanced Health directive with instructions re resuscitation and treatment plus the format for my funeral!

Loved ones are too distressed to think about these things, we should be prepared 🙂

I was a bit concerned about the lack of blogs as your posts are much valued. Not sure what has happened but your blog now is certainly informative and inspiring. May you feel cosseted in His Arms of Healing Grace. x

14. Hey you! Welcome back. You were dearly missed and prayed for. The blogging grapevine kept me updated. You have a lot of friends out here who care about you. So pleased to see you doing well!

I wanted to tell you that for us, life is eternal. It doesn’t “end.” Embrace the life we got now, cling to what is good, but the next life is pretty amazing too. I’m a doom and gloom kind of person, so I have to remind myself of that truth everyday. 🙂

15. So glad you are home and doing better. God bless you.

Now I’m home, done with traveling and house guests, and happy to be moving back into a routine. I’m so glad to see you posting again, and I’m grateful beyond words that you had the kind of good care that allowed you to return home, too.

As it happens, I spent part of the past two weeks with family members, and there was considerable discussion of everything from “final arrangements” to how to dispose of possessions that are precious. I suppose none of us pays enough attention to such things until we get a little “nudge” of one sort or another. Thanks for giving me a little additional nudge, too!

And, puh-LEZE remember to take it easy. That’s from the (now retired) school nurse!