IS THERE PURPOSE TO THIS?

I am progressing well.  Home health nurse and physical therapist have been by and the occupational therapist is on her way.  Good care and follow up planned for me.  Thankful for these good services.  Will see the surgeon on Wednesday.  Expect all to go well.

**************

What a month!  I recently blogged two posts, “Poor, Poor, Job” and “As the Boils Sting.”  I prepared a unit of study regarding the topic of suffering; I thought I was ready to teach it and share some apropos thoughts, musings, experience, scriptures, etc.  After all, I thought, I had graduated from that course of study!

Pain.  Day 1,2,3.  Called 911.  Emergency room.  X-ray.  Wrong diagnosis.  Wrong medication.    More pain.  Crashed.  911. Emergency room again.  Broken hip.  INR number outrageously high.  Five days to bring it down for surgery.  Anemic. Blood transfusions.   Inept volunteer.  Transfer hospital.  Medical rehab.  Dropped on the floor.  Lifted with a hoist.  Day of new tests.  (Lawsuit precautions, me thinks.)

Two week’s rehab —-

Poked and prodded. Cloaked and coddled.

Many folks made me sigh, but many folks were nicer than I.

Dear Bloggers, are we just victims of circumstances?  Or was there reason, even a plan, in all that?    What do you think?

This entry was posted in Christianity, God, God's purpose or will, healing, life happens, me, medical marvels, relationship with God, God speaks, suffering, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to IS THERE PURPOSE TO THIS?

1. Roos Ruse says:

Having been through similar trials, I’m dorry to hear it happened to you too. I am glad now to tell you there absolutely is purpose for it all. Not only so, but when I thought I got the point I also learned I originally only saw a miniscule portion of the story. Praying for your strength and peace, my friend.

2. ghostmmnc says:

Glad to hear you are home and doing well, and getting good after care you need. What an ordeal you’ve been through. (((hugs)))

3. atimetoshare.me says:

There is a purpose for everything, even when it doesn’t feel like it. For example, the people who cared for you must’ve witnessed a very brave woman who puts her trust in
    God. The people we encounter can tell there’s a difference about us. Not that we’re any better and not that we never get upset or cranky, but because we have seen the unconditional love of our Savior. That experience allows us to rub off on people and I’m sure you let your light shine. Hope you are on the mend soon.

4. What a ride, Oneta! Good to hear the progress.

5. agshap says:

I find the older I get the more cautious I have become…fear of falling, fear of every pain I encounter…and so it goes. Then hubby has a heart problem that needed a 911 call…so if not us, then those around us. We take one day at a time and thankful we open our eyes in the morning…and feel blessed for what we do have – roof over our head, food in the house, wonderful children and beautiful grandchildren. Feel better.

I visited your blog and left a follow. Read you episode regarding hubby’s situation. Hope he is doing well now. I understand about the tv. However, my husband is still pretty active during the day. We watch some together at night. Thanks for your contact.

• agshap says:

Thank you for your kind words. Actually got him out today to go help daughter in law (son and family moving out of country 😦 so was gone most of day; he has been sleeping the rest of afternoon….too exhausting for him.

6. Alexis Rose says:

So sorry to hear this Oneta. Sending you lots of prayers for healing!

7. calmkate says:

wow you are one strong lady … keep going there is a purpose to learn and grow from every situation 🙂

8. Salvageable says:

Of course there is a plan… not that I know what it might be. Next time you want to study a topic deeply and personally, maybe you want to stay away from Job. How about the Song of Solomon? J.

9. reasons…sadly yes…bigger and better than what we could ever imagine…hard to believe when one is being dropped on the floor…But God doesn’t miss a slip…

Dear One,
    2017 has been for me the hardest where I grappled with similar issues. It all seems incomprehensible and unnecessary yet restoration of your life so your experiences may make the same easier for ‘others’ may be part of the plan. I had to read Job three times in two months to answer a series of questions for a Bible College assignment a few years ago.. I will never ‘willingly’ try to grapple with the deep implications of the book again. Again Song of Solomon interesting but complex. I am at present dealing with new revelations of the words of Jesus at the end of His Time of suffering. When He said ‘It is finished!’ His statement was not about his suffering but indeed what He had done for us ALL. The finished work of Christ at the Cross, shed blood of the Lamb of God. That’s a great place to focus as you continue to HEAL. Love F. xx

A year to be looked at through the words of Andre Crouch, “If I never had a problem, I’d never know that God could solve them.” Actually I learn lots from Job and his mixed bag of friends. And the last chapters with his encounter with God are so powerful.

11. I am sorry to hear about all you are going through. I am praying you have wise and kind care givers and that you are able to fully recovery from this. Do not let your heart be troubled or dismayed in this. Neither let it be afraid; you are God’s servant and very important to a lot of people.

12. Dawn Marie says:

Sending you my love, hugs, and blessings where words just don’t seem adequate enough… Get well dear cyber-space friend!

Oh, dear. I went through some of that with my mother: poor (or inattentive care), one thoughtless doctor, and so on. I was able to be her advocate. Now, i’m pretty sure I’ll be facing such trials alone — certainly without family. It gives me pause, and could set me to worrying, but “what-iffing” ourselves to death doesn’t do one bit of good.

I’m just glad to read such a good report. Your faith and good humor shine through — even though I suspect there must have been a time or two when they were sorely tested.

I didn’t realize I had passed on without catching your comment. Sorry to be late, but I do want to acknowledge your comment. Really the care I received was a broad range. The good were angels; mostly the bad was probably due to personal concerns carried onto the job. It is hard to turn into Pollyanna just because you come to work. You are right about the “what-iffing” that can muddle the mind. I’m sure you will have a plan when it is needed.