WHO NEEDS A GUN?

office

Alli had just stepped out to the hall when the gun shots rang out.  Pow!

Dave, Steph, and Jared quickly hid under the desks.  Waiting! Waiting!  Alli with her estranged husband who was threatening her at gun point entered the room.

Amid Alli’s moaning and Eric’s threats, a small movement of a chair went unnoticed.  Dave could see legs.  With the skill of a poker player, he lined up the chair with Eric’s legs and gave a gut shot.  The chair hit the mark and Eric hit the floor.  Steph quickly grabbed the fallen gun, as Jared called 911.

“Who needs a gun for protection when you have a chair and a poker champ to depend on?”

**********

A little bit of tongue in cheek from this NRA proponent.  If I had my way there would be many more legal and responsible gun carriers to deal with this sort of emergency.  Of course, I guess Steph with the gun is probably what subdued Eric anyway, huh?

Question?  What’s a “gut” shot anyway?  😀  When a writer has done her research!

Image from JSW prompt

This entry was posted in gun control, JSW prompt, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to WHO NEEDS A GUN?

1. Yinglan says:

Love that final line, Oneta. 😀

The answer to the question is very, very few actually need a gun. Thank God for our laws which protect folks like us who live in relatively remote places. No more gun toting yobbos shooting tops off trees and animals. I would fight to protect myself but certainly not with a gun. Love your story Oneta.

I’m of the opinion a can of mace won’t help much against a criminal. The shooting in Maryland today was in a news room and some hid under desks. Unfortunately 5 were killed. I’ve never shot a gun but you can bet I would be hoping someone besides the murderer had one and had the guts to use it.

3. calmkate says:

great read, I prefer we all used chairs and poker or pool skills to line up that swivel chair … guns should be banned … don’t hear of these shootings in UK!

We do, indeed, have a terrible murder rate. Wish we could get the bad guys to stop. 😀

• calmkate says:

then please stop giving them guns …

Not guilty. Comes with our Constitution. I would like to see an end to violent movies and games, but that ain’t gonna happen. Of course playing cops and robbers with sticks did not produce many territorial a hundred years ago. Lots of real guns then but not so many murderers. Thanks for reminding me of “pool”. My hero was a pool champ. 😀

• calmkate says:

lol I thought so, it’s our family game … you’re so right the violent movies and games numb people to the reality!

And I guess I should have said “pool shark” not pool champ. Oh, dear, I am such a dud at pretentiousness! It is getting close to my bedtime. I’m making good progress health-wise. So thankful. I have another little dilly tomorrow. I hope you will enjoy. It is called “Bettin’ Billy. Got to tweak it a bit. 😀