WILL I MAKE HEADLINE NEWS?

drowned

Airliner down, 385 people drowned!

If I were one who drowned at sea

Would anybody think of me?

I have no medals to show my worth.

Nothing left of value to this earth.

No one to sit upon the shore

To pledge their love forevermore.

No body rescued to lay in the ground,

No memorabilia to be found.

How could I have gone through life,

Filled with worry, hate, and strife?

Why didn’t I take more thought

As many cautioned that I ought?

When I pass through eternity’s gate,

Will I discover I waited too late?

God, are you….

I AM

******************

PHOTO PROMPT © Carla Bicomong

Join the fun at Rochelle’s Picture Prompt

This entry was posted in death, eternal life, Rochelle's picture prompt, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to WILL I MAKE HEADLINE NEWS?

1. pranabaxom says:

The crown of thorn
    And make a mockery of
    Life
    Of others
    And our own
    ©Pranab Sarma, 2018

PS: I wrote this in five minutes, spontaneously, as I was reading your post. This may have come out as crap, I have not read it full yet (scrolling down on my six year old cell phone is a pain on the rear). My sincere apologies.

Pranab, thanks so much for the joining in with my theme. Life does seem so futile with so many. Now I’m sure you know I’m not writing that for myself. My “puppeteer” is known to me. I see him as a dear guide. But the more blogs I read, the more I think many people feel they are just “washouts.” That when they are gone the “footprint” on the beach will be gone in the next wave. That’s not me, however. Great poem. Thanks so much for “dancing to my music” this day. 😀 You’re so right about not be pleased to send a message when you cannot see the the full version, but I looks like it came through in grand style.

2. pranabaxom says:

Regarding your “puppeteer”, happy that you have found. Very few fortunate ones can say that. Recent news about many who were supposed to help show the path is so heartbreaking. I got what was to be given and only thing I ask is peace for all.

Open to all. People are faulty whatever their label. I’m part of the set “people” so I am also faulty but I pray that some will see a bit of Jesus in me. I always enjoy you, Pranab. Thanks for being such a interactive blogger friend.

3. Pingback: Footprint on sand – Fleeting Muse

4. Dear Oneta,

All questions we ask ourselves, aren’t they? The ending answers them all.

Shalom,

Rochelle

It will happen to all. Thanks, Rochelle, for the way you interact with all your contributors. There were a lot of them today. I read several. I love finding the many directions one’s mind takes as we try to avoid the obvious! 😀

I went to a funeral yesterday and I thank God for the life and the legacy she has left behind. Her funeral was inspirational in every way. She loved Jesus and her whole journey reverberated with His Love which she bequeathed down the generations. She was 103 last month. A generational legacy indeed defined by LOVE. yet she also weathered incredible sorrows. Not just the loss of husband, children 2, sisters and brothers but dear dear friends. Out of grief and lose she somehow became stronger in faith. Thank you always by sharing your thoughts and insights.

6. Dawn Marie says:

I AM.
    The entire world folds into two tiny words made up of 3 letters.
    How awesome I AM