JOIN ME IN PRAYER

giving

(I had prepared this prayer for use in my Sunday morning class.  I have asked God to help me with a blog today.  This is the only answer in my heart.  Perhaps he will touch you to pray this with me and my friends.)

PRAYER FOR NATION AND LEADERS

Lord God, we acknowledge you as the Supreme Creator who made Heaven and Earth.  On this earth you have ordained nations and leaders to work your will among the people.  We believe you anointed men to  establish The United States of America.  It was established for your purposes.  We believe one of those purposes was to be a friend to Israel, your chosen people.

Holy Spirit, you see the evil that has come upon our nation.  Men and woman who mock you.  One of the most serious is the taking of innocent babies before their birth.  This is an abomination to you, the Giver of Life. We pray against this evil and against the political system, promoters, and media that allow this evil.

We thank you for President Trump and for his willingness  to appoint Supreme Court Judges who will see your purpose for us to be a nation under God and judge righteously according to the Constitution upon which our country was founded.

We come against media and entertainment systems which mock you and hold you up as no better than other gods—gods recognized by the heathens and by false religions who say they know you but do not teach our Lord Jesus Christ and his sacrifice and resurrection.

Many say our Lord Jesus was just a prophet as many other wise and good earthly prophets.  They refuse to acknowledge Jesus as your Son, wholly God and wholly man, who paid the price for our salvation and that it is only through him that we will have eternal life with you.  You see and hear and know their evil.

You set boundaries on nations.  We pray for wisdom for President Trump and others to maintain our borders in ways that are legal and compassionate to the strangers.

And for the churches in America we pray.  Give leaders and preachers who will speak boldly  calling sin, sin, and allow the Holy Spirit to convict of personal sins as well as sins of the nation.  Help your servants to speak Truth.  We have all allowed the spirit of compromise to  override the principle of right and wrong.  Forgive our forefathers and we ourselves for this sin, especially as it relates to justice and laws.  Give leaders to come against the marijuana industry and the gambling industry in our state.  Give judges who dispense righteous justice.

God, stretch out your hand in signs and wonders such that people will fall on their faces before you and acknowledge that you are God, there is no other.  We know that there might be suffering to be an outcome of this, so we ask for mercy with grace and justice.

We pray these things in the Holy name of Jesus.    Amen

This entry was posted in prayer, prayer for America, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to JOIN ME IN PRAYER

1. judyjourneys says:

Oneta, thank you for making public your deep heart desires.

We are a stubborn people as long as we are “masters of our own fate.” Of course, I know we are not, but our behavior seems to indicate that is our thoughts. Thanks for the comment, Judy. Be blessed in your life and ministry.

2. atimetoshare.me says:

Amen! The only answer for the fate of our country is to turn the it over to God in prayer. Our words are heard by him.w must remember to trust that all things work for good when He directs

3. Amen Oneta—this had me in tears!

We cry out together. God hears and he is hearing our cry. What will we do? The collective we – as a church and as a nation.

• I read more last night in that book I’ve been citing, The Cost Of Our Silence, and what I read last night, from your prayer, I would think you’d read the same passage

It is significant when one sees the work of God in a particular way like this. I have never written a prayer before to be prayed by a group. We have talked about praying according to the prayer the church prayed in Acts 4:23+ so I wrote this out a few days ago and this morning I tried to come up with something for blog post. I felt like my mind was closed until I posted this. God is moving. I have a follow up I need to do, but my G-daughter and her family have just walked in from N. C. (drove 22 hours to get here.) I am so surprised.
          So I’ll be off a few days probably. But I’m pretty sure I need to follow up.

4. Dawn Marie says:

praying with you oneta…
    Let LOVE reign.

A-men the only hope for every nation is this type of prayer. A-men and A-men to yours. God the Holy Spirit has indeed appointed who He wants as leaders in this Kingdom Age and even seemingly ‘odd’ are brining about extraordinary things across the globe. We here in Oz have reeled again from a political party ‘upset’ and now we have ???? It has now been announced He is a passionate Christian Believer. (How did this happen?,,,,,How??’. Keep praying world wide a shift is coming. Israel is being more protected than anyone ever believed possible two years ago. Prayer should be our major daily endeavour. Blessings and thank you. xx.

6. ChristDisciple says:

Excellent prayer, God Bless you.