FORGIVEN SINS ARE GONE

ocean

The book “Then Sings My Soul” (Robert Morgan) has a selection on the origin of the hymn “Whiter Than Snow.” He cites various analogies used in Scriptures to describe God’s forgiveness of sins.   Read, meditate, and enjoy these:

“Micah 7:19 says God casts our sins into the ocean.  NIV “you hurl our iniquities into the depth of the sea.”

Psalm 103 says He removes them as far from us as East from West.  Verse 12 (NIV) “as far as he east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”

According to Isaiah 38:17, God casts them behind His back.  (NIV) “you have put all my sins behind your back.”

Colossians 2:14 says they are wiped out like erased handwriting.  (NKJV)  “having wiped out the [a]handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Aren’t those beautiful?

I am also thinking of this song: “They’re underneath the blood on the cross of Calvary, as far removed as darkness is from dawn. In the sea of God’s forgetfulness, that’s good enough for me. Praise God, my sins are gone!” — I found it on you-tube with lyrics. My Sins Are Gone.

My Sins Are Gone

This entry was posted in forgiveness, God's love, sin, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to FORGIVEN SINS ARE GONE

1. mandibelle16 says:

Love this Oneta. It really resonated with me today!

2. I love the way Corrie Ten Boom said that God throws our sins into the deepest ocean, then puts up a “No Fishing” sign.

3. pranabaxom says:

I always had an issue with this. I am not a Christian, so my words may not mean much. What troubled me though was that one who confessed was rid of all the sins committed while the victim/victims suffer in silence.

Pranab, never is a question or doubt unwanted. Thanks for trusting me enough to share this troublesome thought. It is indeed troubling. We just have no concept of the love, mercy, and justice of God. Do you know the story of Jeffrey Dahmer? In the 1990’s he raped, killed, and sometimes ate the flesh of 17 boys. He claimed to become a Christian in the early 90’s while in prison. (He was killed by a fellow prisoner in 1991.) There was a lot of skepticism among the Christian community about his sincerity, and judging about whether or not he was really forgiven. A situation like that can really make one review his belief system! But yes, he could receive forgiveness just as I could receive forgiveness for my sins. The sin I had to be forgiven for was the sin of unbelief. All sins are packaged in the problem of unbelief. Relating to the victims – The same love, mercy, and justice is available to each of them. But they may have a very tough time of forgiving the person who wronged them. Some people have a very hard time in life. But all have the same chance for eternal life. That’s Good! Thanks for your comment. Your words are important to me – on your blog or mind. 😀

• pranabaxom says:

Thank you. I applaud your faith and belief in the power of forgiveness.
        It is easy to be cynical when those who are supposed to provide the healing touch turn out to be the ones responsible for robbing your faith.
        I know about Jeffrey Dahmer but who amongst us remember his victims’ names.

Terribly sad. You are always kind. Good night from Oklahoma, USA.

• I appreciate your sharing your honest thoughts and feelings, pranabaxom. It may help to know that nowhere in the Bible does it say that when we sin against someone we are not responsible to go back and make it right – if we can. There are situations where we can’t – the person has died, or we don’t know how to contact them. But God’s forgiveness isn’t just a get-out-of-jail-free card. And we usually do suffer consequences for our sins. God forgave Samson, but Samson didn’t get his eyes back. The prodigal son was taken in when he went home, but the father didn’t divide the inheritance again. All that was left belonged to the older brother. (Luke 15:31)

Thank you for this TRUTHFUL reminder. Christ’s blood shed at Calvary. All sins gone. It is finished! Walk on loved of Him and simply keep repenting of all the ‘daily’ misdemeanours. Peace!

It is a joy to have daily communication with him. Conviction is such a heavy burden to bear; so nice to just ask for forgiveness and know that he buried our sins in the sea of forgetfulness. 😀