THE TEST

dome

The angel, Faizey, loved singing, but she could not hear herself in the wide open heavens. She heard of a golden dome where she could hear herself.  She went to God.

“How can I help you, Faizey?”

“Oh, please, may I sing in the dome?”  she implored.

“Yes, but it will be a test?”

She thought confidently  “Noooo problem.”

Afterward she eagerly appeared before God.

“Sorry, Faizey, but you failed,” he said regretfully.  “You see, the test was not how well you sing; it was a test of pride,   But you may continue to sing to bless others, not yourself”

**********************

PHOTO PROMPT © Roger Bultot

Challenge to write 100 word story based on picture prompt.  Thanks to Rochelle at

This entry was posted in Judgement Day, Rochelle's picture prompt, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to THE TEST

1. Colette B says:

Hallo Oneta, just visiting very briefly, apols for delay. Amazing story in so few words! Hoping you are well and life is treating you kindly and all well around your family and neighbourhoods etc etc. Gotta dash, falling behind with things again. One day i’ll get back to my blogging habit better, moccing homework to squeeze in before breakfast and chores etc. Best wishes, Colette.

A pleasant surprise, indeed. I’m honored to see that you dropped by. Lots of wonderful things in life that demand making priorities which sometimes means we must deny ourselves of something. You are remembered fondly. Thanks.

2. i b arora says:

bless others, that’s the key and we always lose it

3. Abhijit Ray says:

At least she can sing for others and let them be blessed with her voice. But why would god not let her hear her own songs? Is it a curse on her?

I’m not great on science,but I thought air waves go straight through the air; therefore, when the sound left her it would go straight to other who could hear but there would be nothing to stop the waves and make them bounce back to her since she was in the “open heavens.” Do I get a laugh for that? 😀 But that was my theory. When she sang in the dome the waves came back to her and she sounded beautiful. I love your question. Thanks. Maybe I should have said she could not hear herself well. But 100 words is limiting for explanations. 😀

4. Oh, it is hard to contain pride 🙂

5. StuHN says:

Structure in the heavens, created as a testing ground? Poor Angel. At least she got to hear herself.

Sorry to bring this up, but unless God is a teen girl from the Valley, I don’t think the question mark after “..this will be a test?” works.

I deliberately changed a period to a question mark because I wanted it to sound as if God were warning her that she might not want to go through with it. Since it did not come out that way to you, I was probably wrong. Thanks for your comment. Love interaction with other bloggers.

Great short post. Faizey reminds me of folks we all know who are gifted but it can indeed become Pride in the Gift and not the God who gave it to them Lucifer was the prime example he was an angel in heaven who stopped worshipping the God of Heaven and focussed completely on his music and how talented he was. He was cast out of heaven and although he has power to an extent on the earth he has been defeated and one day will be totally destroyed. Pride!…maybe Faizey should look too at what dome caught her attention her focus and her eye.

7. granonine says:

I hope Faizey soon learns that when she blesses others, she will also be blessed 🙂

8. jillyfunnell says:

Poor Faizey. And how would it be for us if all the best singers in the world were modest? (They probably are not). Some just gotta be loud and proud surely?

9. magarisa says:

What a creative take on the prompt! I like the message of this story. We always need to guard ourselves against pride.