TRY IT OUT :D

word

Something I came up with doing my study on capitalism.  Don’t want to just toss it so have some fun.  Keeping this short because I don’t want to be VERBOSE (Word of the day – Merriam Webster).

1. Luke                        ______a. Pharisee, ruler of the Jews (See John 3:1.)
  2. Nicodemus             ______b. Priest (See Luke 1:5.)
  3. Simon                      ______c. Physician (See Col. 4:14.)
  4. Zacharias                ______d. Beggar (See Mark 10:46.)
  5. Paul                          ______e. Tanner (See Acts 9:43.)
  6. Matthew (Levi)       ______f. Tentmaker (See Acts 18:1–3.)
  7. Joseph                      ______g. Carpenter (See Matt. 1:18Matt. 13:55.)
  8. Lydia                       ______h. Tax collector (publican) (See Matt. 9:9Luke 5:27.)
  9. Bartimaeus             ______i. Centurion (See Acts 10:1.)
  10. Cornelius                 ______j. Seller of purple (dye) (See Acts 16:14.)

1. Zebedee                  ______a. Slave
  2. Anna                        ______b. Prophetess
  3. Dorcas                      ______c. Tax Collector
  4. Simon                      ______d. Sorcerer
  5. Zacchaeus               ______e. Dress Maker
  6. Pricilla                     ______f. Tent Maker
  7. Martha                     ______g. Homemaker
  8. Onesimus                ______h. Fisherman

************

Image: pexels.com

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, vocabulary and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to TRY IT OUT :D

1. Roos Ruse says:

Looks like my kind of fun. I saved this for later. Class and a deadline presently looming close by.

2. Yinglan says:

I feel like I should know this. Those names look familiar. Gurr… I should pay more attention in Bible study.

3. pranabaxom says:

So everyone had a trade. Unemoyment was zero, I suppose.

Don’t think so. But I have no idea what the governments role was. I have no reason to believe they had any concern. Families were intended to care for their own; the church was involved in caring for those whose who did not have family support. That’s the reason deacons were chosen – to care for the widows who were having some conflict among themselves and the disciples needed help to “serve the widows” Neither Capitalism nor Socialism can ensure that everyone has a job. If one wants a job assigned to him, Socialism would do that, I think. However, Capitalism is doing quite well on employment in the USA right now. Thanks for throwing questions at me. Extends my thinking. 😀

4. Thanks for the fun, and a good review. I’m not sure “beggar” would count as employment, but I do notice that Bartimaeus was not expecting the government to support him, via tax payers. He was appealing to the compassion of VOLUNTARY givers. 😉

5. Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    I’M GAME FOR THIS GAME–ARE YOU?

6. A GAME-ACTIVITY OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS! 🙂

I liked this interesting post. Not usually fond of ‘on line puzzles but enjoyed this one). Thanks.