MY BAKER’S DOZEN

sam oneta kenlyn

Nine days since I wrote on this blog.  I was determined to catch up on my blog reading before writing, but I didn’t; however, with my penchant for clumsy falls or other minor (or major) emergencies, I thought I’d better send out an “I’m okay” notice.  😀  So I’m going to attempt to give you a baker’s dozen up-to-date “ME” happenings to prove I’m still perking.

1.  My house is cleaner than usual thanks to my my granddaughter, her husband, my son and his wife who did a major carpet cleaning and furniture moving for me.

2. I just put a pork roast with two potatoes in the oven.  Fancy cooking like I added butter spray, salt and pepper.

3. I read “The Broken Road” by Richard Paul Evans.  (Book 1)

4. I am reading “The Forgotten Road” by same author.  (Book 2)

5. I went to a birthday party for Kenlyn (big 4) Sunday; thus the picture of her, my husband and me.

6. I had a back tooth extracted Tuesday.  No pain, no swelling.

7. Not all good however, since the bleeding just stopped this morning.  I had not been told not to take the blood thinner.  So…  I think I’ve passed that issue okay now

8. I was supposed to take my INR number today but received notice that the lot number of the strips I have, are recalled and I don’t have replacements.

9. Therefore, I get to take myself to the CoAg clinic tomorrow so they can take it. She understood because their strips had also been recalled.  They got their’s yesterday.

10. I’m going to get a manicure and pedicure tomorrow.

11. I have company (my grandson-in-law and two girls, 4 &5) back in tonight.

12. My front door handle is broken and my husband is having an awful time finding a replacement.  I like the door; hope not to replace it.  Besides a new front door is expensive.

13. While I was sitting in my corner with Jesus thoughts this morning, I was mulling over the idea that he (God the Creator, himself) really cared that I spend that time with him.  Mind boggling, but true.  I asked him why he cared.  My answer was that he cared to give me strength for the day, courage for facing problems, motivation for my mind, love for my soul that I would need to make my day better.  If you don’t know Him, I understand that you find that hard to believe.  I, myself, find it hard to believe.  But it is possible for all who commit and submit to him.

There, that’s my baker’s dozen for today.

This entry was posted in me, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to MY BAKER’S DOZEN

1. all is well with my soul!

2. Thank you for blessing me with your baker’s dozen. 🙂

By the time I finished reading your list of ‘accomplishments,’ I was worn out — and wishing my house was as clean as yours. It surely is good to see you pop up — lovely photo, too.

Thank you, Linda. Accomplishments and gotta-do’s. My INR strips came about nightfall so I guess I can do them at home, saving that trip to the Clinic. Good. And thanks for the kind words about the picture. I so seldom like a picture of myself, but this one hit the spot. 😀

4. joyroses13 says:

Great to hear from you and love your little chat with God!
    Glad your bleeding has stopped too!

It has been a good day, but I’m cashing in pretty soon. Still with little reading done. I think the girls have my kindle so don’t know whether I will get to read any of my book or not. Nite, nite. 😀

5. grAnnie Roo says:

Glad to know you are well. I’m trying to catch up also, but I missed seeing your posts.

6. I appreciated reading this, Oneta; appreciate the struggles of life–and the true fact of our faith: God does care; the Lord is interested in every least detail because we belong to Him, we’re royal family. Praying a blessing over you as the weekend gets started. PS: I’m not a big pork fan, but pork roasts were on sale recently–so I found a recipe for Carnitas online last night; it sounds really yummy, and you do the first part in a crockpot, which I love! 🙂 ❤

7. Beautiful picture! I love your post, especially #13. What you wrote there: “f you don’t know Him, I understand that you find that hard to believe. I, myself, find it hard to believe.” Yes! I, too, find it hard to believe that the Lord of the universe loves me so much and loves to spend time with me.

Yesterday the Lord told me something as I was praying that really hit me right between the eyes. Before I get to that, I need to back up a bit and explain what I was praying about.

Early yesterday morning, I drove an hour to pick up my husband’s 24-year-old granddaughter and her 20-month-old son, and then I drove them back to our house so they could spend the day with my husband, their grandfather, as he ran some errands in Amarillo. During that hour long drive back to our house, my step-granddaughter said some things that really irked me. Basically, she was talking as if she knows everything at the ripe old age of 24, and I don’t know anything at all. She seemed to have zero respect and zero humility. Which surprised me, because she and I had gotten along fine, before.

After they left with my husband, I took my frustration and irritation to the Lord. “I don’t know what to do, Father,” I prayed. “I am almost 3 times her age, and my tested IQ is 156. And yet, she seriously believes that she knows more than I do!”

In my spirit, I heard the Lord say: “How do you think I feel?”

Wow.

Wow, indeed! I believe you completely about his words to you; he has set me back on my heels a few times. 😀 He is the biggest “adventure” possible in the lives of his children who really take advantage of his invitation to seek his face and the grow in our knowledge of him. Fantastic. Three times her age and IQ 156…oh, man. Thanks for sharing. It brings real laugh to me.

8. I love your baker’s dozen Oneta!! And yes, I also find it amazing that God wants to spend time with me! And I am so grateful He does.

I’m so glad to see you back. I missed you. Catching up myself but noticed you were not there. Thank you for wonderful post telling us of your journey. and Praise God you are back! xx

My being back was short, wasn’t it? No blog today. Just answering comments. Reading some. Thanks, Faye. Maybe after Thanksgiving I’ll be back on a regular basis. I know everybody is so busy these days. But it is so good to have this community of bloggers. I really love the blogging. Rest easy and have a great Thanksgiving or whatever equals that holiday wherever you are. Or do you have anything similar? Forgive my ignorance. 😀