DANGER ZONE

waterfall

PHOTO PROMPT © Dale Rogerson

About a mile upstream, there was a fish’s school

A thousand little fishes learned a brand new rule.

Always stay together and help each other out

And never ever swim in danger under a water spout.

One day they went on a field trip,              to see the waterfall

Protecting one another – being sturdy as a wall.

They stayed closely to each other behind a great big rock.

Except for little Finney.

Advice?  He would not take any.

He swam right to that danger zone.

Hit by a splash, upon the bank he was thrown

And there he died all alone.

**********************

Friday Fictioneers by Rochelle

Picture prompt – 100 word story.

This entry was posted in Friday Fictioneers, Rochelle's picture prompt, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to DANGER ZONE

1. jillyfunnell says:

Oh no! Can you revive him? Please?

2. How tragic! Poor little Finney. I do hope others learn from his story, though.

I do enjoy a good fable. 🙂

Thank you, Magaly. I read your story also. Quite a tale. How did you ever get a picture of the woman with her feet backward? Interesting bit of folk tale. Perhaps we will meet again via Friday Fictioneers 😀

• Greetings, Oneta. The image of the ciguapa, in my story, is actually charcoal and pastel on paper. When I first saw it, I also thought it was a doctored picture. Felix E. Rosario is extremely talented.

And about meeting again, you bet. I took a break from FF because my schedule was a bit mad (health issues). But now that I have most of my Wednesdays back, I can play again. 🙂

3. Salvageable says:

What a sad story, Oneta!
    Blessings to you and yours on your Thanksgiving celebration. J.

4. calmkate says:

ouch that’s pretty severe punishment .. poor little Finney 😦

5. Here lies Finney, Fish emulsion fern fodder. A fine fable. 😊

Bit sad. But, obeying the rules would have kept him safe. Its something to think about. Thank you.

7. Poor old Finney, punished fatally for his natural curiosity and need to explore

8. k rawson says:

Clever and fun little poem. Poor little Finney!

9. granonine says:

The fact that you named him made him far more than just a fish. Well done.

10. What a sweet story. I enjoyed the rhythm. And a good lesson to, always stay together. We need each other.

11. RobbyeFaye says:

Alas, poor Finney, if he’d only listened.

12. webmailhelps says: