BEGINNING OF FOREVER

vicky imogene 2imogene herman

“Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.”

Psalm 116:15

(Picture 1- Imogene with Vicky:  Picture 2: Imogene with her husband, Herman)

How can God call death “precious?”   How can we say, “Amen” or “Even so, Lord God?”

This pictures show what can happen when Alzhmeizer’s hits, even after only a few short years, maybe two or three.  Imogene Cupps, the mother of my precious daughter-in-law, remained fairly contented, happy to see family, and sweet in spite of confusion.

For some time she has held a baby doll, loving and caring for it.  It had been placed in the casket with Imogene.  Before the last closing of the casket, I saw the mortician take the doll out and give it to Vicky.  Vicky told me she had intended for it to stay with her mother, but she realized her mother was not there and she did not want the doll buried alone.  That is the confidence that God gives those who believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  No longer in the grave!  But a strong and healthy spirit (body) gone to be alive in Jesus!

So that is why we can be thankful in spite of death – even thankful for death.  Because death is not only the end; it is the Beginning of Forever.  We cry tears of grief, sorrow, loneliness, but “not grieving as those with no hope” (Paul, I Thes. 4:13).

WE’LL SEE YOU LATER, IMOGENE CUPPS.

This entry was posted in death, Jesus, resurrection, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to BEGINNING OF FOREVER

1. joyroses13 says:

Sorry about your loss but yes so glad we can take hope in knowing God’s promises.

2. This is so beautiful.

I needed this reminder. I’m having surgery next Thursday to remove skin cancer. This will be my third surgery for cancer, of three different types, in my life. Plus I don’t do well with anesthesia, so… with the lymph nodes in my neck feeling tender and swollen, causing me to worry that the cancer may have spread… mortality is very much on my mind these days.

And yet I know my life is in the Lord’s hands, and that the glories to come are beyond imagining. And in the meantime, I am still here, at the age of 65, which is far longer than many people get to live. My life is blessed and I am grateful.

Thank you for this precious post. God bless you and your family in this time of loss.

It is hard for a person to cut ties with the earthly matters and relationships as it is intended to be. But we are to trust in our Heavenly Father to determine our time on earth and do what we can until our days are over. I will soon be eighty-four. What my eyes see (science) and what they do not see (faith) both point to the truth of the Bible and the existence of God who made us all. Thanks, Llinda Lee, for sharing your situation. Indeed it is normal to examine ourselves to see that we are ready for what comes. Dig in your heels and hold on to his promises. 😀 He is faithful to see you through this problem. You’re young yet and God is most likely to use the medical resources to pull you through for more years on earth. That’s my prayer for you.

• Faye says:

Skin Cancer is one of the ‘falling aparts’ in my husband’s life. Breast Cancer is mine. Prayers for you flow as you journey onward. Medical help is indeed more prevalent . Grace and Peace as you go. Keep looking upwards and amen your life is in His Hands.

3. Juliet says:

Beautiful! It’s so much better to be with the Lord than here on this more and more wicked earth. Surely, the death of God’s saint is precious in His eyes as the Lord loves us so much, that He sent His only beloved Son to die on the cross and rescue us. How wonderful that must be to see Him face to face at last and forever praise Him with angels and other brothers and sisters in Christ. Sometimes, when we sing in my church with powerful, great voices and such love for the Lord, I close my eyes and imagine us in heaven singing before the throne of the Living God, it feels like that. How wonderful is this hope of meeting Him there and staying in His presence and gazing at the beauty of the Lord forever and ever and ever. Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus, our Brother and King and Savior and Lord of glory.

4. grAnnie Roo says:

Beginning of Forever. (Contented sigh.) What a beautiful eulogy, Oneta. My heart goes out to those who do not trust in the promise of eternity with our loving Father. While I’m sad you’ll miss Imogene for a while, my friend, we can look forward to meeting with her in God’s good time.

5. oneta hayes says:

We had a common bond. She loved my son; I loved her daughter. Wish all in-law relationships were like that.

6. Your post is so beautifully full of the hope that is in our God! I just visited my in laws in the nursing home today and saw a woman holding a doll.

I think it is so sweet that these ladies can be comforted by caring for a doll. Precious mothers. Someone told me Imogene said that she had four children who left and this was the only one she had left. (She did have one daughter and three sons who all married and left.) I’m glad she had one left. Sweet comfort to her.

7. Dee says:

So precious. I so look forward to the day that i am reunited with my loved ones who have gone before me. As I know you are. And now I’m looking forward to meeting Imogene too. 😊 Bless you.

8. atimetoshare.me says:

So beautifully written, Oneta. I’m sorry for your loss, but rejoice with you that this woman is alive with her Savior. Blessed assurance ❤️

Thank you for the post, dear one. This Hope is the One which rises in the lives of all who see and are seeing beloved ‘going home’. For those who Believe and have accepted the Gift of God of the Blood covering of Christ’s sacrificial death, eternity is in the heart of us ALL. Our bodies indeed are ‘falling apart’ in many and various ways but our spirits are becoming stronger and stronger. Thank God Birth, atoning death, resurrection and His Spirit within forever are our legacy if we follow HIM. Love and Blessings! dear Oneta.