KAREN’S SHOES

shoes

My baby sister, Karen:

My heart was broken when Daddy spanked you.  You had thrown your baby doll in the floor and he told you to pick it up.  You became very stubborn and wouldn’t do it.  He spanked you – with a ruler – over a diaper.  It couldn’t have hurt very much.  But you gave in and picked the dolly up. His spanking was the act of a good, wise and loving father.

brides shoes

Then you walked in the bride’s shoes.  It pleased your father to give you over to this good man , Thomas Crawford.  Through the years it has been proven that your marriage also pleased your Father God.    For over fifty years you have walked along side and under the care of a good, wise, and loving husband.

ladies shoes

Now he is gone and you walk in the way of the widow.  My heart is broken for you.  But I am thankful for Lisa, Teral and Kent your good, wise and loving children.  I am thankful that your good, wise and loving Father works all things for good.  I am thankful you do not walk alone.

****************

First image: Karen’s baby shoes   Other shoe images via Pixabay

This entry was posted in death, God the Father, Uncategorized, widow and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to KAREN’S SHOES

1. grAnnie Roo says:

Weeping for you all here, Oneta, as I miss my dear sisters, too. A beautifully crafted post!

Thank you, Roo. Tom was the first of our sibling/spouses to go. It was a victorious entry to heaven for him. He was very ill. God knows our times. Sorry you have lost sisters. That would be very hard. Standing on His Word for a bright future.

This is an absolutely beautiful tribute and I thank God for a family such a yours was, is and will be in the future. Blessings and Love.

Thank you, Faye. Tom was a good and wise man whose song to the time he could no longer speak was “I’m Redeemed.” We praise Jesus for that truth of all who trust him for salvation.

3. RobbyeFaye says:

Such a sweet tribute. I am sorry for the family’s loss.

4. pranabaxom says:

Such a loving tribute.

5. Debbie L says:

Beautifully written. Today is the birthday of my dear beloved brother in law-he passed 18 years ago. He and my sister were married 32 years. Steve and my sister start dating when I was 12. They married when I was 16. He was like a big brother to me! Always so kind to me and tutored me in English when I was failing the subject in 7th grade….💔

Wonderful story. Sounds like our relationship with brothers-in-law had much in common. Can you imagine the pain one must feel when she sees a sister mistreated by her husband! I have two sisters with two wonderful Christian husbands. So grateful.

• Debbie L says:

My one sister was so blessed-Steve was wonderful. My other sister goes through husbands like Grant went through Richmond. Now she’s just living with a guy but calls him her husband-because it just feels so right. He’s 12 years younger….😢

6. calmkate says:

a very loving tribute written in such a sensitive unique manner … prayers for you, Karen and the rest of the family

7. Melissa Labieniec says:

I love this so much! The concept and the beautiful words. Praying for you all.

Thank you, Melissa. The Lord gave many assurances during Tom’s illness, we focus on his victory. But loneliness will hard. Last night was her first night alone. I am going tomorrow. God is good; others have had to relearn life as a single; she can do it. Thanks for your kindness.