BETTER THINK IT OVER

Oneta 84

I need more followup on the haiku I just posted https://onetahayes.com/2019/01/02/is-it-worth-it/  So here it is.

Today is another beginning.  The Dems are taking control in the House.  Now we have a chance at a new day – a day when the rich take care of the poor in health, education, housing, phone, reproductive control, and surely not far from transportation  surely one must have utilities.  And this, not just for citizens but also for anyone who can set a foot on America’s soil.

This is going to be done by taking it from the rich (other words – those who have jobs).

All this because America is moral.  America loves.  America is compassionate.  America is doing what Jesus would do.  It’s in the Constitution.

Hold on.  I am an American.  I am moral, loving, compassionate, and try to follow what Jesus would do.  (I gave to some travelers who stopped by my church last Sunday.  Others there did also.)  What Jesus did was teach people to give to the needy.  He did not tell the government to do it.  There is nothing in his teachings that give that responsibility to government.  He accepted the realization that “the poor would always be with us” which sounds an awfully lot like the government (nor any other body) would be able to keep people from being poor – unless they used the talents he gave them to increase in their wealth.  (Another lesson, but based on the parable of the talents.)

So much for those of you who try to get your way by screaming Bible at me when it suits your fancy.

Now how about the Constitution?  Three inalienable rights – Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness.  There is nothing there that says I should be responsible for my neighbor’s happiness (his comfort, his pleasure, his cokes and beer, even his warmth and health).  I am to be responsible for allowing him to try to be happy.  Even in the face of his disdain for me if I tell him he won’t find it in drugs, sex, and liquor – nor ball games, boats, and crochet.

So for you Democratic Socialists who present your loving faces and are going to make everybody well, smart, comfortable, and happy, I have this question?  Just what is the average Joe’s responsibility in your world?  (And I remind you most of you are average Joe’s.)  I can tell you what it will be.  After he has used up everybody else’s money, his responsibility is no longer to take care of himself, he has to work to take care of his neighbor.  That won’t last long.  Then he only works when and if and in doing whatever in order to provide for the ruling class who has bought the power to force him to do so.

First volley!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to BETTER THINK IT OVER

1. pranabaxom says:

Happy New Year to you and your family Oneta.
    Yes, it will be a new beginning but many things will remain same.
    With life, liberty and happiness, access to education and health services to all are rights that should be enshrined for a level playing field.
    I agree that society should not be help responsible for people’s behaviour.
    But society needs to examine why the rich 1% is getting richer.
    Is there an inherent motive for the rich to keep society poor ( wealth / education / health) so that the rich will always have service that they think as their birth rights at low cost?

The rich are already paying more. If they are using their abilities to the max, I think they deserve more. If they are using it (as I predict they will) to buy power unscrupulously , we have trouble. I am for stopping loopholes in the tax code, that they do not have a right to.
      There is no level playing field and there never will be. When I was teaching, how would that have worked. Everybody starts here – whoops, everybody MAY do some things but everybody CAN NOT do the same things. People are born with equal rights but they are not equal by any means. Not only because of ability and social advantages, but also because of motivation and ambition. I saw a fellow on FB the other day making a living buy painting pictures with his mouth. Tell me about his equality. Most of that kind the government it keeping alive and they are watching the world go by. And, yes, there is an incentive for the rich to take advantage. I don’t generally understand why. I don’t have the experience to have that mindset. Why did “the rich” send 5 thousand poor Hondurans on a 2500 mile trek? Obviously to give America (Pres. Trump) conflict? Who benefits? Who had enough money to pull that off? Have no idea (well, maybe)? But for sure he/she was a person who wanted Democrats to take over. Why? Democratic Socialism waxing into Socialism waxing into a ruling class then into what? Thanks, Pranab. I enjoy the shove. 😀

• pranabaxom says:

I am sure if we ever meet in person we have a lively debate.
        Till then introspect why powerful countries poke their nose everywhere. Why the beacon of democracy tries to snuff democracy in other countries when it does not serves its purpose? Why does the becaon of democracy tango with nefarious dictators? Why was arms sold to the mullahs in Iran? Why does business establishments belonging to the leader of the free world (which he is very willing to cede to the Russian bear) still employ “illegal (?)” immigrants?
        Oh, I forgot everybody is a sinner😂. Or as the President of Liberty University says everyone questioning the POTUS is immoral.

Who knows? We might be cowards under cover. 😀 Did these questions come to you three years ago? How much of what you believe is fact checked? Do you not place more truth in facts than opinion? Two years of searching has revealed nothing means nothing to you? Dancing with the Bear? WOW!!! Or close to war with Russia? Which? Oh, you have my attention! 😀 Now accuse him of being uncouth. Well, perhaps, when it doesn’t matter to him. Not politically correct? No, neither am I. Not Harvard bred? No, neither am I. To quick to draw a fist? Perhaps. When he draws it am I on his side? Most of the time. Able to stand against two years of hate like has never been bestowed on another? Yeah. Beats me how. Stuff democracy in other countries? Did you hear the criticism when he said he was bring troops home from Iraq? I’m still standing and smiling.

• pranabaxom says:

You forgot to mention the “birther” conspiracy? Oh, what about those tax returns😂?
            Politics makes strange bedfellows indeed but I will like to postpone these discussions till when, or if, we meet for tea. I prefer tea for that occasion as one cannot have a tempest on a coffee cup😂.
            Till then let’s agree to disagree.

Yeah, I was about to call for a halt. Hungry and sleepy. Hungry? I’m on to it. Sleepy? It not yet five o’clock. Gotta wait. “Birther” now that was a mystery. I’ve never figured out why he held on to that in order to cause the harm that was done. Oh, dear. I remember, I’m hungry and sleepy. We might not have time for out meeting over tea until another holiday. Meanwhile, I eat and sleep – and write. See you later. Have a great 2019.

2. atimetoshare.me says:

We are of the same mind. Unfortunately the democrat party has a history of robbing Peter to pay Paul. This truly is not the responsibility of government. It’s becoming more and more corrupt. Those who are supposed to represent us are raking in big salaries and solid health care and pensions, while those they work for are long forgotten.

I pray that there will be a great return to God. All we need is to come back to him,to trust in his intervention, and pray for His will to be done. The church used to take care of those in need. How did it happen that the government felt it needed to provide for them?

Most likely the church began shirking its responsibility. I ask myself this question over and over. Who allowed government to give women the right to kill their unborn babies? Who allowed government to make all sorts of harmful things legal? It has opened up an scripture to me in ways I did not understand forty years ago. The scripture about the church binding and loosening. I’ll look.—Matt. 18:18. When the church help fast to certain principles, Heaven helped (I think). When the church made compromises, our source of protection started giving us our own way. God does that. He does not make us follow his standards. But we live with what we allow.