THE DAY AFTER

bd lunch

So yesterday has been here and now is today.  I find I’m only one day older than I was yesterday, even though I had to add a year.  Does that seem right?  At least it explains how the years roll on and birth-dates keep happening one day every year.  And the more, the better.

So the shouting is over, what’s left of my yesterday?

1.  A delicious large container of my favorite chicken salad.

2.  A vase of flowers sitting on my table.

3.  An extra two pounds showing up on the bathroom scales; I have to remember that is a sign of a healthy body.  If food goes in the mouth, it is used by the body even if placed in storage!

4.  Memory of little voices on the phone singing “Happy Birthday, dear Grandma…”

5.  A cash card for Boom-a-Rang, hamburgers half price, along with a date with my  friend, Linda, for Monday, 11:45.

6.  Well wishes from my two sons, and from my granddaughter who lives far away,   and I sigh as I miss my mom who would have called if Heaven had land phones.

7.  A slew of Happy Birthdays arriving by modern tech (FB and blogosphere) with some snail-mail cards.

8.   A challenge left by a Blogger friend.

9.   An offer for a go-out dinner from my husband whom I have loved long enough to say,  “Thanks, but I don’t want to.”  So it was replaced with cheese and crackers. 😀

10. An assignment from the Lord regarding a series of blogs called “Love Seed.”  Hope you will watch for it.

Picture of Karen, my sister, who took me out to lunch at the Chinese Buffet.  Oh, yes, the other one is me.  I’m the young blond —- or else, I’m not.  😀

This entry was posted in aging, me, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to THE DAY AFTER

1. Nassima says:

Turning 16 again, Oneta 😍💫💕 you look F A B U L O U S ! And the leopard vest on you, was the best choice to take 😍 glad you had a great time wish you all the best🍀

2. Salvageable says:

Belated happy birthday to you. J.

3. simpledimple says:

Dear Ma’am Oneta, I’ve enjoyed reading this with a smile. Here’s wishing you a happy birthday, though belated. May the good Lord continue to keep you stronger and healthier. Cheers to more glorious years. 🙂

4. I knew it was that young blond chick—that’s the birthday girl!!!!!

Oh, Julie, so sorry to be misleading. On second look I can see that she does appear to be older and wiser, but, honestly she is only my kid sister. She hasn’t learned nearly enough yet to be turned loose with a keyboard. She is, however, in training on Face Book. And she is very witty too – if one happens to be a Conservative, he/she will love her.

• No, I meant you silly 🙃

It was obvious that you were joking. She certainly does not appear “older and wiser.” She is my kid sister by ten years. And she is very pretty. I have another very pretty sister also. She is in Denver and has health problems that keep her from leaving Colorado because her health insurance does not cover her if she is out of state. That’s a bummer. She is 14 years younger. Talk about reason to be intimidated! 😀

5. Happy Birthday! Great post!

6. pranabaxom says:

Ah, the young blond! I am somehow sure you are the one on the other side😂.
    How can heaven have land lines? There is no land in heaven. How can I be so sure, I have not seen heaven. Not that I want to see any time soon. Cloud line may be?
    Where was the cake? Or was it the extra two pounds?
    Happy birthday again.

Regarding the missed ID, scroll up and read my reply to Julie. Now for your other qstns, comments, etc. I am not fully aware of the communication system in Heaven; I referred to land lines because that is what mom would call on. Cloud line? That does sound like it could come on the cell phone. I didn’t think of that yesterday! Too late now; maybe next year. Is there land in Heaven? I know the size is measured in feet and inches so I guess I only assumed there was land or at least floor space. But I do think the lions and lambs will still eat plants. So if I ere, I ere on the side of “Yes, there is land in Heaven.” But then I guess the land might still be the New Earth and those of us in Heaven will just be ruling from that location. Regarding a birthday without cake. It can be done. 😀

• pranabaxom says:

I did not miss ID. The leopard vest was a dead give away. I mean the tigress😂

OK. You succeeded in making me laugh out loud. I smlle a lot; seldom does it make a sound.

• pranabaxom says:

Feel good that I made a conservative laugh😂.
            Is there a reason conservatives have to republican or vice versa.

I was a Democrat for most of my life. Then they went crazy. I stayed where I was as they freaked out. I’m sure there are conservative Democrats still who are too staid and stubborn to bail out. I stayed while I was in public education. Sorry to say I helped do some of the damage that has been done to younger people. Those probably near your age. A for effort to D for not learning a thing, teach where they are most comfortable which means don’t give too much new stuff, don’t ever hurt their little egos by doing anything competitive, be sure to not criticize drinking, smoking, cursing, or other vices which might go on in their homes….and all that malarkey. And I was a good – even great – teacher. I did laugh, and I touched their little shoulders, and patted their little heads while not disturbing their little brains too much. 😀

• pranabaxom says:

But you have good company. POTUS was a Democrat too and then he became rich. By the way, I agree with what you say about the bad side of social promotion in education. One of the main reason of immigration (both legal and illegal) is the unwillingness and/or incompetence of locals to do the required job. Other one of course is business’s penchant for cheap labor and people’s greed for cheap food.

7. LOL! Sounds like a good time was had. Happy one day birthday! 🙂

8. Wally Fry says:

Well, Happy Birthday to you.

Great Post. Thanks for sharing. Photo looks great. Both of the faces even if only one is the Birthday girl look terrific to me. Many Happy Returns of the day to you! Gods Grace, Strength and Peace on the journey ahead. xx

10. judyjourneys says:

So nice, Oneta. I am glad you enjoyed your birthday.

11. grAnnie Roo says:

best wishes on such a happy anniversary, Oneta. God bless your coming year!