LACKING GODLY FEAR

mocking

How long will the enemy mock you God? Will the foe revile your name forever? (Ps. 74:10) How did they mock? By hiding their plans and snares, saying “Who will see us?” (64:5) By spewing sharp words from their lips, saying “Who will hear us?) (59:7) By doubting God’s power, saying “Can God really…?” (78:19) Mocking questions in David’s day haven’t changed much in our day, have they?

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Image:  Pixabay

This entry was posted in apostasy, mocking God, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to LACKING GODLY FEAR

1. pranabaxom says:

The old guy with white beard has not taught anyone to fear him. It’s the peddlers of his name, for their own reasons and to keep the sheep’s in line, has created an image of fire and brimstone.

Great Sunday morning to you, Prenab. I’m missing Sunday service today because of ice in the driveway. Thanks for the comment. I probably should have written a paragraph regarding my meaning of Godly fear. I believe I speak for most Christians when I say “Godly fear” refers to respect and honor due him, not being afraid of him. I believe that is the meaning of the word in my scripture.

• pranabaxom says:

Good morning to you Oneta. Your God is in your heart, missing one Sunday service will not result in punishment😂unless you spend your time with the televangelists.
        Time for me to start the day.

I answered this the other day. Blew it I guess. Anyway I confessed to being guilty of watching a TVist, but didn’t send him any money. He said something that stuck with me. “Keep pouring water, God will make it wine.” To me that means keep doing what I can do and God will make good come out of it I know you will agree with that. Good thought even from a televangelist, isn’t it? (I think what happens to some of my comments that do not show is that I hit enter like on FB, then move on without posting comment.)

• pranabaxom says:

In Bhagabad Gita, Bhagawan Krishna says in the chapter of Karma Yoga, ” Do your duty, leave the results to me”, in other words, do your duty without thinking about the results. It will follow.

Our God is a Holy and Just God. Judgment will one day come on the nations and all people, then we will know where the line between respect and absolute certainty of the awesome hominess of our God begins and ends. Personally, worshipping Him is a joy not an obligation and some of the Kingdom focus televangelists are issuing a powerful and very important message about HOLINESS. And KINGDOM. Without the Holy Spirit many churches (ie the people in the buildings) around our world are dying in their pews. It’s almost as if Christ never suffered and died and Pentecost never happened and Christ is not ALIVE in ALL BELIEVERS WHO LOVE HIM. Thanks Oneta for your blog sorry, If my comments become passionate. You inspire me to reply.