BIG QUESTION

Oneta 84

Big Question:  Shall I rejoin the Democrats, so I can throw my hat in the ring for the Presidential Nominee?

I was a Democrat for nigh on to forty years under the influence of my mom and the NEA.  Then I got out of public school teaching and started thinking.  That was about the time pre-born babies just became clumps of cells.  Between the two – thinking and murder – I registered Republican.

But now the Democratic party is calling for me!  I’m wondering about changing my registration (just like Bernie) and throw in my hat for president.  Granted President Trump is a formidable foe, being street smart, making better deals, lowering unemployment for everyone, raising the GPA (no, whatever that is, GPA is Grade Point Average – but I did that too when I was in school),  Back to President Trump, he is doing good with the oil industry, bringing hope to the steal industry, raising wages.. – Oh, I better get off that.

If I’m going to be a Democrat I can’t talk like that.   Surely I can find something to hate him for – Oh, Charlottesville, will do.  Maybe New Zealand? No, that’s too far fetched.  In fact all his errors except for being a tweeter seem to have been way back years ago.  By the way, what’s wrong with being a tweeter.  I’d better find out.  I had planned to learn how to do that because it doesn’t cost much and nobody owes me anything.  I wonder where AOC got her rich backings.  Might not work for me though because I’m really not young and beautiful, nor do I lack common sense.  Most rich Democratic donors will probably think I have enough qualities to not need money – once they know my diversity status.  I’ll have enough money then.

If I run, do I have a chance?  Check out the diversity considerations for Democratic Presidential Nominees.

Woman?  Got plenty.  I have to admit I rather admire Kirsten  Gillibrand – her being a blond and she is really white.

Asian?  There is one, but he is a man.  So possibly I could beat him.

Indian?  Kamala Harris.  Tamil Indian mother and a Jamaican father and a woman, beside she hated Kavanaugh.  Rather rough to beat her but she does not have my advantage.  I’m a one and only in my diversity field.

Black?  Okay, there is Booker but like the Asian, he’s a man.  So he’s weak on that front.  Beside we’ve already been burned by voting for Obama just because he was a – now how did Joe Biden describe him,  “articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”  I never could understand why we didn’t get a glimpse of his college records.  But everybody is welcome to see mine.  Graduated magna cum laude or was it maybe magna cum loud.  Couldn’t be loud though because I didn’t say much.  Maybe I need to keep my college records under cover though because of my insignificant  college – not Harvard or Yale for sure.  …  I’ll tell the Democrats though, if I have to fill out a resume.  It was a teacher’s college in Colorado.  If I stress Colorado, and don’t tell that it was pre-California, Mexican, marijuana immigrants (mercy, it was even Republican then), it will be okay.  Hope I can get by with so many areas in the “okay” group.  President Trump makes me think I might ought to be better than “okay” in some group.  Oh, yes, I am better than others in my group – in fact, there are no others in my group – well lots of others but they are not running.

Well, Bloggers, you know I exceeded my word limit for just one blog, so I’m quitting.  I have lots more and I still need to tell you more about why I’m considering running as a Democrat.  Hope it is somewhat better than “okay” if I stop in the middle of my speech.  Which reminds me, who was that nominee who needed a teleprompter to give a very short announcement speech?  Anyway I promise my announcement speech will not be short.  I’ll come back.

Six hundred and fifty words.  Sorry, I apologize.  Apologizing makes me a worthy Democrat.  Just say I’m sorry.  Cable will run it all day then it will be dropped, now I only need to have Nancy and MSNBC tell every one what I meant to say instead of what I said.  (692 words – oh, dear, I sorry, my valedictory address from high school was only 385 words long.)  Here I am still talking.  Oh, dear, I’m sorry.  Talking about high school, my year book will pass muster. However some one did call me a DAR.  You, my fellow Democrats, don’t know what that means.   Well the Republicans will.  It means Darn Average Raiser.  (Oh, dear, 750 words)  Bye.  (751)

Probably be back another day, depending on what you all do to me.  😀

This entry was posted in humor, me, politics, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to BIG QUESTION

1. This is a great post. Although little bit long. 😊🙋‍♂️

You know I really apologized already. You want another one. I’m sorry – so sorry. 😀

• No no. I just remembered you saying that you love short posts. 😋😂

I know, BB, I was just continuing my jest. I definitely got a laugh at your comment on the length. Proved you read it – well at least most of it. I’m still kidding. 😀

• 😁 I am exactly like you. I have difficulty in reading long posts. I also prefer short ones. After interacting with you, I have shifted to short and sweet posts.

Yes, I’ve noticed. Your outline/paragraph style achieves your purpose well without the filler. And I am all for promoting Bible and Jesus to as many as you can. If you want to preach a sermon, put it in sermons on google or make “pages” on your blog. I have that with some of my stuff. I’m with you.

• Thanks Oneta. This is the most beautiful comment I received today. You have made me feel so special. Yes, I do preach sometimes. Thanks for your careful observation. I am implementing the lessons I learnt recently from my online course. I hope it will serve to further the purposes of God. I have been promoting the scripture to my fellow countrymen. Thanks for your valuable support. It means a lot. Today I felt, I am not alone. God has sent you like an angel. God bless you. You are a blessing. Be blessed dear friend in the name of Yeshua Messiah.

2. Thanks dropping by and reading my posts as well.

3. Oh my goodness. You made me laugh. 😀

4. mandibelle16 says:

I always think you guys in the US need a 3rd party. One in the middle who is neither so far to the right as Republican (conservative) type parties go, or Democrat (left enough that its so vastly different from many Republican values). I know from US history that you guys have pretty much always been bi-partisan and having a 3rd party would be a huge change. My thought is just to bridge the gap where Democrats and Republicans can’t work together. But, I know this is much harder said then done. Lol. I didn’t think your piece was long. Perfect 🙂

Are you suggesting I wing it as an Independent? 😀 We need our two parties to work for the country instead of for themselves. Thanks for the comment.

• mandibelle16 says:

Haha. You could. I agree with what you said. They do need to work together. I just thought a third party, more central on the political spectrum might be away to do this. But, perhaps it only complicates it. 🙂

Mandibelle, the party’s are extreme because most of the people are extreme I think the crux of the problem is the abortion issue. I’ll vote against anybody who views abortion okay after the first trimester. I think it is killing a baby before that but one can’t really see that with his own eyes. Sonograms show it. So most Democrats would consider me extreme; many conservatives would not compromise as I would. Basically I think I am wrong but I would take half if I can get it. I don’t think most Dems want abortion up to birth or even the killing after birth, but that is close to the party’s platform. The Independents lean to Dem most often so they would draw more from that party, I think. The Dems will not let that happen. Look what happened to Bernie Sanders when he tried to run against Hillary. Well, that’s how I see it when I not in a humorous mood. 😀

• mandibelle16 says:

Fascinating to hear your view. And I agree with you on the abortion issue. I was horrified to read they want to allow it after 6 months, up until before birth. To me I can’t see that being abortion. At some point it’s infanticide, even if fetus’/babies are killed before being born. It’s such a slippery slope. And they’re are many cases now of baby’s surviving outside of the womb at the end of the 1st trimester. I think it’s week 10-12 that they develop neuropathways and have brain development, so I wouldn’t think it was right after that personally. Of course, many have differing views here and in the US, obviously. Sometimes I think politics as a whole is a conundrum. I think having to support a leader, who’s ethics etc are questionable is hard. Even if to some degree that leader has to tow the party line at least enough to maintain support, whether they are repub or dem. Having a leader that supports party views is important — such as not supporting abortion after certain times, but I think it’s confusing b/c the personal integrity of a leader is important too. It will be an interesting election campaign next year — and leading up to it this year.
            Take care Oneta. Thanks for explaining.

5. pranabaxom says:

You won’t stand a chance against private part grabbing POTUS 😂. Better stay Repugnant. I don’t want to lose my sparring partner to dirty politics.

Why am I not surprised to have a comment from you? Repugnant, huh? I reckon I can’t count on your vote. BUT you have not yet learned what my platform is.

• pranabaxom says:

Oh you will surely get my vote. I told you I value friendship. But I won’t like to see my fried being dragged through the mud. 😂

Does retiring from teaching have anything to do with being associated with flat earth movement?

By the way, I have voted before for members of the science denyer party purely on the basis of where they stood on issues.

6. atimetoshare.me says:

You definitely have my vote, unless you turn democrat,

Oh my, you make it hard on me. I’ve been considering a head to head with Pres. Trump and filing as a Republican, but I’m not too sure conservatives will vote for me just on diversity status. They always come around to issues like thinking, common sense, and not killing babies. 😀 Diversity is a Democratic thing; that’s the only way I can win. Watch for my “platform” blog – if I don’t chicken out. 😀

7. Love this post, Oneta! 😝

8. LOLOL Oneta. As much as I grinned my way through this one you have clothed so much truth in humor and I loved every word of it. Too long? Nope…you are just practicing for the debate portion of running!!

9. Oh my gosh—-I’ve got tears running down my cheeks (and not mind you because you’re threatening to turn sides) —I just read this to my husband—He loved it.
    You’ve got my vote—but only under the next president, who I suspect just might end of being a Republican because by then all those Democrates will have killed one another! 🙂

10. How about you being the US Sec to the UN?

11. Ha! I’d totally vote for you. 🙂