BIG QUESTION – continued

Oneta 84

Dear Blogging Friends:  I don’t often post twice in one day but I feel it is imperative that I get my announcement made on Friday.  Isn’t that the big surprise day for new flashes?  So here is the second part of my political considerations.

**********************

Harking back to my last blog there are some things I need to clarify. Then I want to go ahead and mention my competition for Democratic Presidential Nominee, acknowledge their strengths and tell you why I will probably beat them.

First off, I want to explain about the DAR notation in my high school year  book.  I explained about the “Darn Average Raiser” meaning, but I did not deny it meaning “Daughter of the American Revolution.”  I know that would not be good at all; it would probably cost me the nomination right off the bat.  I’d be grouped with those Republicans who stand for Patriotism, and be smeared with White Nationalism right off.  Now I really don’t mind being white and I am a Patriot, but somehow that is not nice in the current culture.  I said/say the pledge all the time.  And somehow I will continue to do that in fly over country.  I think they won’t care.  The coastal states probably won’t be a problem since they don’t say the pledge there very much.

Now back to strengths of Democratic Nominees and why I can probably still beat them.

Julian Castro – Got a winner of a Mexican name, but he is a man.  Sort of a rock/scissors/paper situation.  I’m woman.  Woman beats man.  But does Mexican beat woman? Hope not.

Tulsi Gabbard – strengths: her looks and religion.  Sort of tough.   I will rely on my diversity which will make me a winner.

John Hinkenlooper –  Look what he did for Colorado in spite of being a man!  But still, he is a man – and white.  But I’ve never smoked anything.  I’ll stress my love for the homeless smokers now in Denver – and reassure the ones in San Francisco also.  I’ll promise to give them safe sanctuary and to never tell them to go back home and behave themselves.

Elizabeth Warren – Easy to beat even if she is an Indian.  I haven’t checked but I at least have relatives who are – cousins on the other side of the family were almost full blood.  We are equal on the woman part.

Bernie Sanders – No competition there.  White man.  His only strength is age which sometimes equals wisdom.  But I am older than he so I’m wiser!  Would that help or hinder?  Maybe I need to rethink that.  Might not be wise to point that out.

Robert Francis O’Rourke – Man, white Irish ancestry.    I’ll make a big to-do about that.  Skateboard skills don’t count because 16 years olds can’t vote yet.

Others are named Pete, John, Jay, William, Maryann – No money and no chance to get any because of names that scream white Irish/Scottish/English.  Those names have Mayflower all over them.

Granted I have no name recognition yet, but I will as soon as I announce my platform.

Coming tomorrow.  My platform and why I will win.

Six hundred and eight words today.  Not bad considering I am writing such important stuff.  Maybe I can get it into the New York Times if I change  the word “stuff” to matters, considerations, affairs, or ….how does this sound.  “I am writing about the weightier points of political considerations.”  Yes, I like that.  It goes well with my next matters and other affairs.

***************

WATCH FOR MY ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW ON BLOG AND FACEBOOK.  BOTH FREE.  MY MONEY WON’T START ROLLING IN UNTIL AFTER MY ANNOUNCEMENT.

Votes I can count on:  Bloggers 33, Face Book Friends 65 – not a lot but it’s a start.

This entry was posted in humor, me, politics, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to BIG QUESTION – continued

1. Here’s my vote and counting !!!!

2. Jodi says:

Very hillarious. You got some sense of humor. I like your sense of humor. I see this as creative. good job on the sense of humor.

Thank you, Jodi. Glad you thought it was funny. 😀 I am following you; however, I generally do not read through long blogs, Mostly scan. Your blog does look like you perform a good ministry for the Lord. God bless you.

3. Ha! Don’t forget to announce your whole political platform in a Friday night news dump! And don’t forget you are FOR stuff and you feel passionately about the stuff you are FOR. What stuff? Well, obviously the stuff everybody in their right mind is FOR, unlike those other people, the bad ones. If you word it just right, everyone will just have to agree with you, without even knowing what stuff they are agreeing about.

I have to get my platform and diversity status in a bit. I wanted to catch my comments before I post again. See if I get any encouragement from my amen corner.

4. Hmmm. Now you’ve got me thinking. I wonder how Lady Quixote, Windmill Tilter, would do in the presidential race?

Unfortunately, I’m a registered Libertarian. You can register Libertarian here in New Mexico. But almost no one votes for libertarians. Not even in New Mexico.

I understand. It would be rather discouraging to be a Libertarian as far as voting is concerned. Remember Rep. limited government is much closer to you than the Dem’s big government. I think. I know know a lot about Libertarians but I respect the ones whom I know.

5. Hey Oneta,
    It’s so good to come back and see that you have that great sense of humor going! My vote may be for another but my love is always for you….
    Lots of love,
    Rashmi (Mind and Life Matters)

Rashmi, so good to see you here again. I’ve seen you some on FB but don’t spend much time there except on family matters. I’m glad you recognize my humor. I just decided to SNL the Dems a bit. I don’t watch them but I am led to believe their humor at Rep is somewhat more barbed. Well you caught up with me in time to read my Diversity Status and Platform. I’ll post it in a bit. Just catching up with comment here. I sure hope you get the limericks going again – or something equally harmless and fun!

• I have been thinking about it, Oneta. I may start the limerick challenge again, not sure though. I do want to concentrate on some writing as well.
        I look forward to your satire on the dems, I am a Dem…but I still enjoy your SNL on them 😀

Overall the Dems in my family don’t show much of a sense of political humor – at least my kind of humor, so I am especially glad to hear from your side of the aisle. Hope you do the challenge. I’ve thought of trying it myself, but I don’t know enough of the “dings and whistles” to run such an operation. And – I don’t admit to this often – I’m too old to learn 😀

• This makes me want to start the Limericks Challenge just for you 😍
            I will be sure to read your Diversity Status and Platform and comment from my side of the aisle 😄

Go for it. The Great Debate. 😀 Your diversity is as a skinny woman, huh? If you get it all worked out, the party might select you being already a Democrat. How about a place as your VP if I don’t get the nomination. Rashmi, I’m so glad you are back. I went to your page and saw that you updated your sons age, but didn’t find anything else changed. Did I not look far enough?

• Haha, sure..if I get nominated then you are for sure my VP 😉
                I had not yet posted anything, Oneta when I commented on your posts, I was starting to get back by reading up on all the blogs I was missing 🙂
                I am just getting ready to publish my first post after this long break! Hopefully, I have not lost my writing touch!

6. pranabaxom says:

You still don’t have a clue how to beat the orange toupee, Dear American Republican😂

7. You have my vote! I’m certain you would out perform all the others!!

By the way, I’ve featured you on my BlogSite SpotLight this morning! You can find it here: https://sixthsealministries.wordpress.com/2019/03/22/blogsite-spotlight-sweet-aroma/

You have my support but my vote would not be possible. Still perhaps America could gain again its status as ‘world leader! You may become even more powerful on the world stage than you think. Good Luck!

9. Well I, for one, recognize your name. Looking forward to your campaign.

10. Love this post…so sorry I missed the last one…going to check it out now. ❤️