GIVE HIM GLORY

stillness

MONDAY MORNING MEDITATION:

Isaiah 42:12  “Let them (people) give glory to the Lord…”  But, Lord, you are all glory; you have all glory.  I have none to give to you.  Ahhhh, but I can acknowledge your glory.

I acknowledge your glory:

Through the ocean and the orchid

The blue bird and the butterfly

The elephant and the egg

The robin and the rainbow

The field and the forest

The sunrise and the sunset

The ear and the eye

The fish and the fowl

The thunder and the thistle

The breeze and the brook

How beautiful you are, surrounded in your glory.

This entry was posted in God, me, prayer, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to GIVE HIM GLORY

1. joyroses13 says:

Lovely! Good Morning Oneta 🙂

2. pranabaxom says:

All glory to the creator👍

And what about the purveyor and perpetrator of fake news😈. You did not acknowledge the creator for that. Now you will bombarded by a 5AM bird call for this serious lapse of judgement 😂

Maybe the Lord will inspire me to do one on “wisdom” next Monday morning. If so, I will thank him for the wisdom of giving us a leader like President Trump. Notice I did not say I will thank him for the wisdom of President Trump. 😀 But I’m not too stubborn to acknowledge the good he does (Pres. Trump and God) You will have to curse me with 5:00 AM trumpet blasts before they would phase me. Bird calls sound sweet. Seems like you are starting your day fully alert.

• pranabaxom says:

Remodeling schedule slip keeping me awake😔
        I was surprised how you missed thanking the creator for POTUS in the first line😂

I told you I would put that in my thanks to him for his wisdom. That is not really what glory means to me. I know of no man or woman who can be seen as his glory. The fact of their salvation can be seen as his glory. 😀 You never like to answer my questions about what’s up with your attitude about Pres. Trump. So let’s switch a bit and tell me who you would like to be President. What qualifications would they need?

3. pranabaxom says:

What attitude? Attitude of gratitude?
    Why mentioning POTUS irritates you? Bitter truth hurts?
    I just have fun getting under granny’s skin😂. No intention of irritating you.
    It’s nothing against the policies. Elections have consequences and whether I like it or not, as per the current laws of the land and systems in place, he won the election and he is the POTUS. Period.
    That does not mean that I have to like the systemic damage he has been doing to the democratic institutions of the country and the hatred and divisiveness he has unleashed.
    I did not like what GWB did in the name of WMD but I always liked him and Laura Bush.

You have the wrong reading if you think mentioning President Trump irritates me. It gives me pleasure to pin you to the wall as I challenge you to give me specifics. This time you are getting to the point a bit – but “the systemic damage he has been doing to the democratic institutions of the country,” What are you talking about? Hatred and divisiveness? I was always told it takes two to fight. Do you remember when Hillary said that he would never accept the results of the election? Then he won and all the establishment forces turned against him. He was supposed to humbly accept that? He was voted in because he was a fighter who would not vote “absent.” Now lets see how was it that Obama answered a question – Oh, yes, that great leader said, “That’s above my pay grade.” Wasn’t that it? Democratic institutions? Education? Hospitals? Families? Religious Institutions? News? Armed Forces? Natural Resources? Constitution? Supreme Court? Immigration? Illegal Immigration? Doing systematic damage to these? Your turn. See you tomorrow. 😀

• pranabaxom says:

There are good people on both sides.
        Lock her up.
        Russia, are you listening?
        Kim is a great leader.
        Before election, electoral college is bad. After election, electoral college is perfect.
        Come on Oneta, only reason you suck up to the guy to talks about his own daughter being a piece of axx in public and grabbing the female genitalia is because he is the ticket for the right to stuff the supreme court to kingdom comes and overturn Roe. Hypocrite😂

Now you are specific. You allow me to answer specifically. “There are good people on both sides” and “Kim is a great leader” are true statements if they are taken in context. Read transcript:TRUMP: ” Those people — all of those people — excuse me. I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue, Robert E. Lee. So — excuse me. And you take a look at some of the groups and you see — and you’d know it if you were honest reporters, which in many cases you’re not, but many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee…” Now it might be that you do not think any “fine people” could admire and feel attached to Robert E. Lee. That is not my view. There are many “fine people” who fought on the side of the South. The statement about Kim or most any other totalitarian leaders being “great leaders” is true. I say Nancy Palosi is a great leader and I seldom agree with her. I think she and her followers do great damage. “Lock her up” was chanted in a rally; the President allowed that with a bit of humor. But later he said he did care to pursue that matter. I do not have the transcript. Now it might be a different story. Looks like the matter might be taken up. The “Russia are you listening” was a jest said before the President knew he was in a war. About Ivanka, I don’t know enough and don’t care to defend that. Sounds like a stupid thing to say. The other statement was said in private and made public by a traitor. I can’t defend it but I dare say it was/is common talk among braggarts in bars, clubs, and locker rooms all over. I believe people change. I do not believe he has brought shame to the Oval Office. And as far as wanting Supreme Court members who interpret law according to the Constitution, you are right. I do. I’m not in favor of adding more members to the SC in order to do that. But I would be a fool to vote for someone who did not have the ideology that I favor. And about me being a hypocrite. I’m sorry I’ve failed you. I’ve been as honest as I know how to be.

• pranabaxom says:

Content and context matter.

• pranabaxom says:

I didn’t say you are hypocrite That’s just Trump speak 😂

• pranabaxom says:

I didn’t talk to Putin about the Muller report during the hour long talk.
            Next day: Muller report did come up during the ninety minute report.

• pranabaxom says:

East is east and west is west and the two shall meet and hug when you visit SF area or I visit OK. Now do I say God willing or Inshallah . Being neither Christian nor Muslim, my wish may not be granted. So I leave it to you.

San Fran, huh? Who would have thought it? Well we lay down the weapons. Sorry to be offended at the “hypocrite” name. And I figured you were jesting. I should have taken it lightly even if you had meant it. Dare say I won’t see you in SF, but I’ll meet you at Fleeting Muse. 😀

• pranabaxom says:

Why not SF? Afraid of being black listed by POTUS for visiting a sanctuary city😂.
                We are about 55 miles down south from SF, so you will be safe😂. And I cook real good Indian food. I will go light on the spices, I promise. And that’s a real promise, not a Trumpian promise that Mexico will pay for building the wall (or call it whatever) 😂

If I visit SF I’ll try to get there before the illegals are bused into that sanctuary. President probably will not really do that, but I would sure like for him to. They would certainly choose to be in a sanctuary city, so they would be happy and I would be happy. No, I wouldn’t. I’d still prefer to send them home and tell them to come legally. Oh, about you Indian food. I love it. Sammy had an Indian college student why back when, who used to come fix food for us at our house. I’ve forgotten most of it. I remember the yogurt with cucumbers and green onions. Delicious – but oh the amount of salt added was so unhealthy. That’s the reason I do not make it.

• pranabaxom says:

So you are labeling POTUS as “braggarts in bars”. Three cheers.
            As I don’t drink and never had the privilege of being in a locker room, I have no first hand knowledge of that( do you?), so no comment.

I’m not labeling him as that, I’m comparing him with that. However, I would guess that might be true – except for the drinking so maybe no bars. I never read Obama’s book, have you. I understand it is quite open about women, drugs and a lifestyle I would probably oppose. As I said, I didn’t read the book but I think he wrote, “”I Used Drugs, I Drank, I Pretty Much Tried Whatever Was Out There” I think he did better than that while president. Why can you not give President Trump the same consideration. And “Nope” no first hand knowledge of talk in the locker room.

• pranabaxom says:

I have not read Obama’s book. For that matter I have not read Clinton’s either 😂.
                At least for Trump I don’t have to make an effort. Early bird chirpings and their analysis is sufficient to turn me off from hearing the news except PBS.

• pranabaxom says:

And thanks for waking me up from my nap 😊😊

I got lost above and missed this. I probably will not say anything else worth waking up for. 😀

• pranabaxom says:

I normally put my phone in silent mode when I go to bed. Yesterday after a long day, without thinking, I went to bed in my street clothes after dinner and fell asleep. So when your message came, I woke up with a jolt. I had to thank you otherwise I would have been sleeping in my street clothes (and you know the consequence😂).

4. mandibelle16 says:

I love this Oneta. Reminds of some of the liturgy in the Lutheran Church. Something like, “In the morning and the setting sun, we will praise Him.” I think you do this so well in your poetry lines.

Beautiful and a very worthy reflection. Thank you.