HOME WITH SAMMY

wedding 3

TO SAMMY- 66 YEARS OF HOME

Home, fortunate to be my pleasant place;

my hubby and I talk face to face.

Home, all my belongings there I stash;

got a lot of stuff, just not cash.

Home, cars can park on my one-acre lawn;

afternoon naps when I yawn.

Home, when ill health becomes hard to bear

Sammy helps with loving care.

Home, food and drink and company too,

if you were near, we’d invite you.

Home, a place to have the family meet,

games and songs and plenty to eat.

Home, sixty-six years since we were wed,

tied the knot with unbreakable thread.

************

Edited from three years ago.

This entry was posted in aging, home, long marriage, me, n\, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to HOME WITH SAMMY

1. ghostmmnc says:

Congratulations on 66 years! 🙂

2. Salvageable says:

That’s great–congratulations to you both! J.

How blessed you’ve been — BOTH of you. Sammy didn’t do too badly for himself, either!

Congratulations. God’s richest Blessings. Tying the knot with unbreakable thread. This is the intention of God’s right order for marriage. For you and Sammy a canopy of Grace as you continue your life’s journey.

5. Wally Fry says:

That’s awesome

6. What a blessing! Congratulations on 66 years of love and happiness.

7. Congratulations! And this is beautiful.

8. pranabaxom says:

” got a lot of stuff, just not cash.” – story of our life.

By the way Oneta, I do not see your posts any more in my reader. I was in Vancouver, BC, for four days during July 4 weekend and my phone stopped working. After coming back, did not see any post from you so I went looking. Hope you have not blacklisted this non-believer.
    Wishing many happy years to you and Sammy.

9. oneta hayes says:

No way would I black list an unbeliever (who is not vulgar) – my only blacklisting. Jesus loves the unbeliever – even the vulgar. I’m not up to that yet. Well, that’s not true, I love them (mostly) but won’t read them. Maybe the problem was that I was not writing. “Nothing” is hard to find.

10. Aw that’s just wonderful