VERNA

verna blk tones

Not only outside was she beautiful,

My sister was beautiful inside.

She was a Proverbs 31 woman.

She fought a brave battle

For fourteen years.

August 24, 2019, she was released

from her body of pain,

Into eternal life.

She has gone to rest;

We are left to mourn.

****************

Isaiah 57:1 & 2  The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart;

the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are

taken away to be spared from evil.   Those who walk uprightly enter into peace;

they find rest as they lie in death.

******************

Sunday Writing Prompt “Inner Beauty”

This entry was posted in Christianity, death, family, Jesus only way, Proverbs 31, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to VERNA

1. I didn’t know Oneta— I am truly sorry

2. pranabaxom says:

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost three of my brothers and that hole in the heart never gets filled. May God give you strength to deal with the absence of your beautiful sister. I am sure that in your heart you believe that she has gone to a better place and will be waiting for you. RIP Verna.

Thanks for caring, Pranab. Yes, I have hope. Three brothers? So sorry for that lose. Tell me about them some day.

• pranabaxom says:

One passed away days before my first birthday, just five years old. Never had the chance to know him. A beautiful child. Ironically his name translates to “one who lives forever”. Well, he lives in my heart forever with wishful thinking of what ifs.

My husband was the older when his little brother passed at about three. He had pneumonia. About eighty-five years ago. He is still a toddler to my husband, remembered with warmth and sorrow. Yes, keep the “one who lives forever” in your heart. I might get to meet him in the great ages to come.

3. joyroses13 says:

So sorry! Losing a loved one is very hard, even if prepared for it.

4. Salvageable says:

I join your other readers in sharing your sorrow over your loss. How wonderful to know that a Day is coming when we will be reunited with all the Lord’s people. J.

Thank you. I guess on their side they do not notice the time. On this side, time is crucial but not long, not secure. We are told to “Be Ready” and I guess that is the best advice.

5. My sincere condolences on the loss of your beautiful sister.

6. judyjourneys says:

Oneta, thank you for sharing your heart so beautifully.

7. atimetoshare.me says:

There are no words other than expressing my deepest sympathy for your loss. My prayers for comfort and healing.

8. Oneta,
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I will be praying for you and your family. I have lost two of my sisters and understand the type of pain you are going through.
    Blessings of comfort to you.
    Brenda

Oh, how hard that would be. I lost a sister-in-law in June, a brother-in-law in November and now my sister. It has been a rough year. I guess that is partly because we are living to long lives. However, two were early seventies, so that is not really old. I still have a brother and sister. They are in good health, I think.

I’m so sorry, Oneta. Even when we know what’s coming, it’s never easy. I did have to smile when I saw Verna’s photo. The two of you look a bit alike; when I saw the photo, I assumed it was a younger “you.” You and your family will be in my prayers.

Very little did I get in the way of looks compared to my two sisters. However, we are all a bit of my mother and her sisters. I hope I show some of Verna’s inner beauty. I will tell you a bit about her later. She moved from a small child forsaken by her blood mother to being on the Administrative staff of Denver University, never letting victim-hood nor a successful career identify her. She was always just Verna.

10. What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful sister.

11. Olga says:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dear sister. 😦 I feel her inner beauty shining through in the lovely photo of her.

Beautiful tribute. Thank you for posting.

13. I am so sorry for your loss Oneta. I am not sorry for your sister because she is now joyously waiting for the rest of us! Your faith speaks so clearly…thank you.

You are right; she is the winner. Beyond what we can imagine or think. That is our goal, but it is hard to keep my mind in that perspective. But, no, I could not wish her back to where she was. Jesus understands.

14. Beautiful tribute to your beautiful sister. I am sorry about your loss. Thankfully, we know it is not forever. 🙂

Thank you. I enjoyed have a look at your blog. Love the Horse. You are kind to point me to the assurance of eternity to see Verna again. And, joyfully I will meet you there also by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. 😀

15. Wally Fry says:

I’m sorry to read of your loss.