This is from my FB status five years ago. Not a lot has changed, so I copying it to this blog. Still under pressure health wise – the blood thing, so I’m not feeling “newly” creative. I think it is worth your time.
Put this in your HEAVEN HELP US file. Right now I’m feeling like Paul when he said he was speaking for himself not God. (2 Cor. 7:12) So this is me speaking, not God.
1. A Nebraska school states that teachers should not call students boys and girls because those words are not gender inclusive. They are to use neutral terms like purple penguins. I guess purple is neutral, not politically incorrect like pink penguins or blue penguins and I must admit when I look at a penguin I can’t tell if it is male or female. So I guess purple penguin is neuter-gender all right!
2. For years, the oft repeated acronym for GRACE was/is God’s Righteousness At Christ’s Expense; a 21st century author broke out a brand new acronym for GRACE, God’s Riches at Christ’s Expense. Um-huh. Much more trendy. Many folks would choose Riches over Righteousness.
3. Do you suppose the widow who gave her last two copper coins, did so because she heard the “principle of giving.” ’Spose she was expecting return 30, 60, or 100%? Probably not.
4. If you give because of 30-60-100% return, does that make you a gambler?
5. Christians go to the casinos to just play games; no different than playing miniature golf and monopoly. I can handle ten cents for a bingo board, but $400 for an evening at Riverwind? So does that make me a partially sanctified Christian gambler?
6. I remember when church boards would not take donations from gangsters/gamblers/dog racers, etc. I didn’t understand that. After learning all I have learned about politics, I see how trouble might have developed.
7. Church pastor has admitted to having full blown AIDS and sleeping with church members. Imagine doing that with AIDS? What! It would be okay without AIDS?!
8. Is it okay to have a Heaven Help Us file? Enough of my ruminating. Some of my supporters might not be praying hard enough for me!