JUST ONE LIKE THAT!

Karen 2020

What’s been said about a sister?

Cool, glamorous, smart, encouraging, stimulating, loving, witty, calm, patient, loyal, and inspiring.

Sometimes you know that their sisters cannot be all that!

Must be some exaggeratin’ goin’ on.

Ain’t nobody got a sister like that ‘cept me, Verna, and Clyde.

*****************

Today my focus is on my sister, Karen, because it is her birthday.  Karen is easily one of the most blessed gifts God ever gave to a family.  Happy Birthday, Karen.

*****************

Discover prompt:  Focus

This entry was posted in Discover Prompts, family, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to JUST ONE LIKE THAT!

1. I understand. I have one sister (no brothers), and it’s a very special relationship. We fought like cats and dogs growing up, but now that we live thousands of miles apart, we look forward to getting together for our annual “sisterly adventure” out West in her motor home. People can’t believe we can travel in that thing for two weeks and get along the whole time. 😉

There were too many years (10) between us for us to have those sisterly fusses. But Verna and Karen were close in age. If they every had a conflict I was no aware of it. Your sisterly adventure sounds delightful.

2. gifted50 says:

Happy birthday to your wonderful sister. You are very blessed indeed.

Thank you, Pene. Hope I am right about the name. You have a nice blog. I’d love knowing you better. It appears you do not have a Word Press Follow button. I do not do the direct email thing. Sorry I may miss you. Hope you have the joy of having a sister, even one who might not be blood related. Sometimes cousins have very close relationships. The key to that kind of relationship is Jesus. He fills so many needs.

• gifted50 says:

The follow button is on the main page, I do have to see about having a “floating” one I think they are called.
        I hope God will bless me with a “sister” who I can truly have a good reciprocal relationship with one day.
        Thank you for the wonderful comment. Blessings.

3. Sisters and brothers are indeed a blessing. At least now they are….perhaps as children it did not always seems so.

I missed that stage because of the ten years between us. Don’t have that sibling rivalry thing going. There were things that Karen got as a teen that I did not get. By then I was old enough to know it was not a sign of more love to her; it was a benefit of my folks having more money. That is really the reason most “babies” in the family get more goodies. That as well as not having so many children to care for since the older ones had moved on and made their own living. It is nice that the Lord does not have limited resources. His resources are available to all. 😀

4. I wish I had had a sister like yours — or more aptly— a sister period 😌

You did have special obstacles to overcome because of your birth situation. You have overcome beautifully my dear. Did you ever have students who were only ten years younger than you? I’ll bet they adored you. Have you taken note of Psalms 68:6 that says God sets the lonely in families…? I love that. You are loved by many. But, yes, I agree you have missed having a real live blood related sister fight, love, and fight for. 😀

• That is lovely Oneta—- thank you!
        I did find a half sister on my fathers side. That is the side that I’ve actually learned the most about-mainly because there is a first cousin who has been so very kind. I’ve reached out multiple times and she finally responded only once. She said that she had resisted but reconsidered her thinking but just as quickly shut and locked the door of communication . The cousin doesn’t understand but I told him I will respect her decision and not force myself on her and remain patient and hopeful for ‘the one day’…

What a beautiful tribute to your sister. Thank you for sharing.