Janis is relatively new in to me but I have enjoyed my blogging experience with her. She has nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. It has been quite a long time since I have participated in one of these Awards but I accept this one with pleasure. Janis is super friendly; she does leave likes and comments so it is nice to know she has visited. I think you would enjoy knowing her. https://themomshiediaries.wordpress.com/2020/10/13/real-neat-blog-award/
She has passed on to me the questions that she had answered. So here are the Q & A.
- What has been a special moment for you thus far in 2020? My life is full of special moments. I cannot pinpoint one either good or bad. The bad have been those that many others are also experiencing, distress in our country and our world. But they are surmounted by the special warmness I have with the Lord while sitting right her in this seat, the special gleam in the eyes of my g-granddaughters when I can see that they adore me, the special coziness of watching “Little Men” on TV as I sit in the recliner and my husband is close by on the couch, the special awareness of the beauty of a honey bee buzzing around the daisies. Aw! My life is filled with an abundance of good things.
- If you have the power to correct one problem in the world. What will you fix and why? This sounds like a question for a beauty queen contestant, which has only one answer. That is: I would feed the hungry of the world. I’m not a beauty queen contestant. That’s not my answer. My answer is that I would get rid of the sin problem. I would make all men pure. That would fix everything except global warming. That’s supposed to be funny. I know for some there is no joking about global warming. That’s another thing I would fix. 😀
- When and where was the longest vacation you have ever taken? The most elaborate vacation I have had was the cruise which our children sponsored for Sammy and me last year for his 90th birthday celebration.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? I would like to be able to work fast enough to achieve all the things I want to do. So much of my time is spent on trying to figure something out, like right now I am on Microsoft Word trying to maneuver what I’m writing so that I can pass the Word Press Block Editor test. I’m at a loss for what those little symbols that Word is throwing up at me. I’m hoping to copy over there.
- Do you think you can have happiness without sadness? Why or why not? No, I don’t think you can. But, sadly, I do think you can have sadness without happiness. I suppose the number one reason for sadness is wrapped up in sickness and death. Neither of which one can avoid. The number two reason for sadness I believe is relationship problems. One cannot control the attitude and action of others, even God does not do that.
- What is one piece of advice would you give to a child? Never lie or deceive for any selfish reason. Nothing can be more painful to bear that to have a reputation as a liar.
- Would you rather make your own decisions or allow someone to make them for you? I am happy to be able to make my own decisions even now, but I am turning over some of my decision making process to my sons. I have always and still accept the decisions made by my husband over my own. I didn’t run the dish washer the other night because my husband said not to. That was out of the blue and completely out of his character, but I didn’t run it. It might have just been a small test from the Lord, who knows. The plumbing has been leaking a little; maybe he was concerned about that. Next day he indicated it was okay to run it at night.
- I guess I am being sort of negligent in not passing on this award, but I do not know bloggers who accept award nominations. However, if any reader wants to hop on this train, feel welcome and join the fun.
- Thanks, Janis, for giving me a chance to think like a beauty queen contestant today.
Congratulations! And yes, there are few of us who take the time to answer the “interviews” connected with receiving these awards. But good for you for doing it. In my opinion, your most profound statement here: “One cannot control the attitude and action of others, even God does not do that.” SO true! I hope that relieves the pressure and guilt for some of your readers today. It sure helps ME, not to feel responsible for everyone else’s poor choices.
Thank you very much. Those of us who take responsibility for ourselves often are bothered beyond reason by the irresponsibility of others, especially if we had anything to do with bringing them into this world. 😀
I’m excited knowing I can say I know a beauty queen
It is with deep gratitude that I accept you adulation. I’m take it as a token of what everyone is thinking.
I too believe that sadness needs to exist for happiness to as well. These are some great reflections and answers, and I enjoyed reading them. Thanks for sharing, Oneta!
Thank you, Stuart. You are thoughtful to leave me such nice encouragement. I visited you also. You have a very nice and helpful blog.
Wonderful answers! I am glad that I am getting to know you more through this post Oneta. I believe you have successfully copied and pasted your post. The WordPress Block Editor gives a lot of bloggers quite a headache.
I agree, having the reputation of a liar is one of the most painful things one has to live with… I always remind my son about the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf because he tends to lie with small obvious things that he passes as a joke but we’re afraid he’d make a habit out of it… we continue to teach him that telling the truth is the only way to resolve any problems and hiding it with a lie will only make it worse.
Thanks for sharing parts of your life with us Oneta! God bless you!
Janis, you have proved yourself to be the caring, friendly, and active blogger I said you were. You are kind. The Block editor took it okay except for the bullets remaining on the last two paragraphs where they do belong. I tried everything I could think of to remove them but gave up. About the lying. I do encourage children to be creative in telling tales. and does take some teaching for them to distinguish the difference in a lie, a joke, and story telling or entertainment. I’m sure your son will learn well with your giving time to him and he will know that it is very important to be honest in all his dealings with people.
It is doable but can be a little tricky… the last two bullets have to be pasted separately, on a different block – the Paragraph block… nonetheless, it went pretty great!
Thanks Oneta, I try my best to catch up although it gets difficult especially with my son’s homeschooling and my work… but blogging is a necessity for me at this point being that it is cathartic 😀
Thank you and take care always ❤
Out for now. With smiles and good wishes.
I came here because of Pam in Blogger’s World, I do hope you are doing great. And congratulations on such an effort you have made. It’s been a while Oneta. Cheers 😀
Pam doesn’t give up on us. Thankfully. The friends I had at the beginning were ever so valuable to me. It is important for you to give priorities to your family but we are glad to see you back. Go easy. 😀