COMING INTO VIEW

On September 11, 2001, there must have been just a split second of time when the World Trade Center tower looked very much like this to an Al-Qaeda hijacker piloting a Boeing 767 jet.

With this glimpse of 2021, I have the heart tremor of a passenger on a hijacked plane flying into the new year. Can the pilot handle this thing?

But, wait, there is hope. The pilot is a puppet. He can only do what the Puppeteer allows. The Puppeteer will allow what the audience demands. As the debris falls, the puppet will be exposed. Truth…but where is Justice?

************

Written for submission to Friday Fictioneers, a 100 word challenge inspired by picture prompt. Thank you, Rochelle. https://rochellewisoff.com/

PHOTO PROMPT © Na’ama Yehuda

This entry was posted in Friday Fictioneers, Rochelle's picture prompt and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to COMING INTO VIEW

1. neilmacdon says:

What if the pupeteer controls what the audience can demand?

2. Frank Hubeny says:

I like how you made a distinction between Truth and Justice with this story.

3. Wow, powerful story with so few words! Well done. I also really like how you separated “truth” from “justice.” We’ve sure got a lot of one and not much of the other.

4. pennygadd51 says:

I like your metaphor that you fear 2021 will be like a deliberately crashed plane; it’s powerful. I hope, though, that it turns out to be over-pessimistic, and that 2021 is a much better year – and one where we really start to engage with climate change.

Thanks, Penny, for your comment. I believe the goal for many is to crash America as we have known her. Being a victim is now the way to go. I can’t get too worked up about climate change. I think we will have no problem adapting to a couple degree warmer – or is it colder? You see I have come through too many cycles of this scare. Your FF was very timely and wise.

5. I have hope for the future as well. Hopefully this coming year will be a blessed one for you.
    -David

I have HOPE for 2021 and will continue to pray that ALL voices that create dissention and anachy will be silenced. Covid partially silenced some. Great post short and meaningful. Thank you.

Today is the day. 2021 begins. We will find no magic in the day. The Lord is still doing wonders, however. Who knows what the year will bring? Hopefully whatever it is will bring us closer to Him.

7. Jael Stevens says:

One of the Enemy’s favorite tricks is to throw “confusion” around like bird seed–and he’s surely been busy this year. Truth and Justice, you wouldn’t think you’d have to strain your brain to define and recognize them, would you…

It has bothered me this year that a local news outlet (NBC, I think) has the main on-air staff doing “ads” throughout the day in which they talk about growing up in the area, blah-blah…and end with the phrase, “I stand for truth”.

Am I just over-suspicious/skeptical–or does it seem odd, somehow “off” when people declare publicly that they stand for truth?

It doesn’t seem one would need to do that–and it makes me wonder what the motivation or agenda is behind that tagline.

I expect people to know I’m about t(T)ruth–but of course, one person’s truth is not necessarily The Truth. I mean, who’s gonna stand up and say, “I stand for deception”? You probably think I’m crazy now–or that I think too much, haha!

Blessings to you, Sister Oneta–it’s going to be a fabulous New Year because our God is Sovereign–He’s still holding all thing together. Much love, Jael ❤

Earthly things are….earthly. Prone to mistakes, confusion, and outright deceit. But you have wisely concluded with pointing to God for steadfastness and Truth …. Justice. Have a good year, Jael. I know you will find the miracles in the days.

8. granonine says:

Oneta, this is thought-provoking and timely. I think you know that you and i share our faith and trust in God. I cannot fear, even though I dread what a far-Left Presidency could bring our country to, because the final victory always belongs to God.

For those who know the Word, it is a bit of a quandary. We love looking forward to his coming; at the same time, we know that it will be proceeded by troublesome times. Those are not accepted very gracefully except as our faith and patience grows. And even outside that consideration, the Left’s agenda welcomes sin in so many forms. All under the guise of “goodness” and love of humanity. Satanic lies.

9. Haha, this is so true.

10. ahtdoucette says:

All too true on many levels, though I would shy away from following the psychopathic line of thinking to the point that ordinary people want mass murder. I think that we are – at times – just very confused. And, it is never too late to seek justice and peace.
    Happy New Year, Oneta!

Thanks for the comment. I had to go back to read what might be interpreted as people wanting mass murder. Whatever tended in that direction certainly did take things to far. An example of what I have in mind is giving power to one who will choose to close businesses as a means of fighting covid which almost certainly will result in mass unemployment, poverty,, addictions, and despair. But I hoped to point out that God still controls. So our hope is in the Master Controller. Hey, thanks. Have a great day.

• ahtdoucette says:

Thanks for the response. I meant the mass murder that happened on 9/11 and other times when people have done things like that in the name of God. I don’t think God ever wants – but does allow – things like that to happen. And feel like I need to just say that. Not that I think people who think that way are necessarily evil but they are definitely confused. The pandemic is a totally different situation of course since no one deliberately caused it. Peace. Have a great day too, Oneta.

11. liz young says:

We can’t leave it all to God – people of every nation must stand up and be counted too. He helps those who make an effort.

12. Dale says:

Oh! Well done, Oneta. There is that ominous feeling but hopefully we can find a way to deflect it.