- As covid and age has kept me at home this year, almost all my “good works” (under the law) routine has been dropped aside. Any/all righteousness I have is in Christ – in his grace alone. If I could work my way to heaven, Christ died for nothing. But I never want that truth to become an excuse for physical and spiritual laziness.
- I posted before about having some mineral rights -Too Old for Answered Prayer https://onetahayes.com/2019/04/06/too-old-for-answered-prayer/ I’ve turned them to my sons. Some day they might be worth something. Once the Biden experiment is over.
3. I’ll try not to get started on the insanity of getting rid of police or defunding the police. We had better thank our lucky starts, some one will still serve! Perhaps the goal is a Federal Police System. That reminds me, I’ve been expecting two packages in the mail for over a week. I wonder where they are.
4. Opinion piece by Laurence Solomon, Mar. 11. Opinion: The Biggest COVID-19 Vaccine Skeptics? Frontline Health Care Workers That is not a great way to promote vaccine. I’m very iffy about it. I’m definitely not for it for young people – and for children – and for people who want to have children! That’s ridiculous.
5. I got a bill from a doctor I don’t remember. I think maybe he is the one who came in the ER and told me he would go contact my regular doctor. He left. Then came back to tell me my doctor said to send me home. The bill is for $159.71. Medicare paid. I don’t know for sure about my secondary. That is from the “error” when I was sent to ER because of a routine check up test. Maybe I am wrong. https://onetahayes.com/2021/03/17/bakers-dozen-3-17/
6. So now I come to a definite conclusion that we are to wear a mask, vaccinated or unvaccinated – because it makes a statement. Well that is full circle to why Fauci said to wear one last year. Lest I have made up my mind about this “government control” I will watch and listen to President Biden tonight (Wed). Maybe we will get something besides “if you are fully vaccinated, you can have a small family party in your back yard by July 4.” Lets celebrate!
7. Oh, yes, I did hear Jen Psaki say that, make a statement, is the reason he wore a mask during the zoom meeting with other country leaders.
8. If you think I messed up about WP’s block use for numbered lists. you’re right!
9. I put this in my quotes to keep. “I was the cause, and not deterministic laws.” Great poem by Frank Hubeny. https://frankhubeny.blog/2021/03/31/cause-decima/ His poem is the kind that commands thoughtful consideration.
10. I notice my readers go down when I post “Put Me in Remembrance” items. I have two more. They consist of talking with God about death. If you haven’t ever done that, you really should.
11. I’m fed up with race baiting and the folks who promote it (yes, Democrats and media). I have never been a racist; neither was the country. I remind you that President Obama was elected twice, in spite of the fact he was hurting us instead of helping. But if anything could make a racist out of me, all this political hogwash could do it. I am at the stage of calling everyone who yells “racist,” a racist. Not one of us chose our skin color. What we are in charge of, is our body, our mind, our soul. If each takes care of his own, he/she will have her hand full.
12. Prices have gone up. Baker’s dozen now only contains twelve. Sorry. Costs more to get those donuts in the shop now, with gas prices, taxes, and all that equipment, ingredients and workers. Expect dozen to mean eleven when minimum wage goes up. But maybe not, if the “undocumented” workers take over. That lowers wages doesn’t it?