1. Time for me to share my bits of humor, satire, wisdom, fun, and faith. Ready?
2. My sister, Karen, and my daughter-in-law, ReNee, went shopping. ReNee had a couple extra things she needed to take care of. So Karen and I sat in the car at one place where ReNee said she had to go in and have her legs shaved. I thought “What new thing will these young people do next” but I wasn’t bothered, after all she is barely fifty. I just thought there must be a new method or a new shaving cream – something she wanted to check out. It wasn’t long before she came out with a lamp shade! I said, “A lamp shade? I thought you said you were going in to get your legs shaved!” She promised to take me to check for a hearing aid next week!
3. In Granddad’s Bible he wrote in the margin by James 1:12 “Rock Kangaroo Shoes and Stetson Hats” I guess he didn’t think those would hold a candle to a crown of life! James 1:12 “…he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.”
4. Comment by Linda at shoreacres: “The sooner we learn the world isn’t a perfectly safe place, but that we can live in it safely anyway, the better off we are.” Linda at Shoreacres https://shoreacres.wordpress.com/2021/06/19/stilll-working-after-all-these-years/#comment-213470
5. “The righteous who walks in his integrity, blessed are his children after him.” Prov. 20:7 Does that mean some righteous don’t walk uprightly? If that is so, no wonder our children forsake the ways of those who claim righteousness. We had better put in practice to walk the way we talk!
6. That brings me to another Grandad note by John 14:8 “Phillip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.” He has written “Church, let us see Jesus and we are satisfied.” Then he referred to Luke 12:21, which says, “So is he that layeth up treasures for himself, and is not rich toward God.” There he has written “full barns stop mule from braying, not so, with souls.”
7. Do I have new political wise cracks? Nothing that tops Biden’s great insurance plan against being ruled “incompetent.” Even I prefer him to Kamala and Nancy. I think I feel some compassion for him. Like compassion I feel for Haman as he built the gallows on which he was hung.
8. Am I likely to change my mind and get the covid vaccine. No way! Every day I am happy to wake up well and thank God for that. If I get sick I will trust Him in my sickness. But I will not willingly set myself up for being sick—especially not this sickness “unto death” that they talk about.
9. I would like to see the money they spend in promoting the vaccine being used to develop better methods of treatment.
10. I need to get my hair cut. I hate to do that—makes me look like an old woman. Worse! Last time I looked like an old man!
11. Have you noticed how small tuna cans are becoming? When I make a tuna salad sandwich, I have to add two eggs in order to get enough to spread on a piece of bread. Granted, I do like it spread pretty thick but it tastes more like egg salad than tuna salad.
12. I no longer offer number 13. It is the result of inflation.
Hahaha. 😄 I had fun reading plus nice points of learning.
Good. I try to make them fun. Even if they are hard to swallow. 😀
Thanks for the Monday morning chuckles 🥸🥸
You’re welcome, Kathy. I have a bunch of left-overs. I might put some on sale soon. 😀
Thank you. I had a few welcome chuckles that have brightened my day, Blessings!
Good. I feed lightly sometimes makes the medicine go down easier. 😀
I have noticed the smaller tuna cans! We have to keep our eye on them these days. Cereal’s done the same thing, and so have other canned products. If you look closely at a can of salmon, you’ll see that it tapers at the bottom now, and holds about an ounce and a half less.
I hadn’t noticed the salmon cans. They must save a can for each ten cans they sell. In the long run, that is quite significant. Maybe 15%. I’m pulling estimates from the sky. I guess the reason we notice gas prices is because they haven’t managed these kinds of shenanigans with gallons. A gallon of milk is still a gallon, but a loaf of bread varies all over the spectrum.
“I would like to see the money they spend in promoting the vaccine being used to develop better methods of treatment.”
From your lips to “the powers that be” ears! Oh, if it could make that much (simple) sense – think how many lives could have been saved. Only God knows…..
Don’t they say, “Where there is life, there is hope” Maybe they will see that as a solution – sometime. I sure desire it for our children’s sake. Of course I want a good vaccine also, but lets have a back plan that does not stifle one’s oxygen intake and carbon dioxide outgo. Did I say say what I meant to say? Thanks for the response.
(I spent today in ER – nose bleed)
Rest up, Oneta! I will be praying for you. 💗
So glad I found you! God’s speed Oneta!
I went over to visit you and left a follow. I see you use a lot of links and videos. I don’t do that much but I will be glad to keep up with your input. I’m definitely a Trump admirer also. I’m bothered about the children with the Covid in your area. What is that about? Since you came in on a Baker’s Dozen, you have a pretty good picture of what I am about. 😀
Clever and brilliant! Thank you. And I SO agree with you about the vaccine! Praise the Lord for every new day, and every day that He keeps us in health and peace and is our shield from sickness and disease. God bless you.
Thank you. Will you be able to hold out against the bullying about getting the vaccine? If I were alone in my family, I would probably cave in and get it even though I don’t trust it. The “vaccinated” population sure can pile on the guilt. I’m still not sure some of us should be around to pick up the pieces. 😀 I’m working on another Baker’s Dozen. Might be up tomorrow. Come have some more.