1. I am told that I have spent about 42 days of my life on hold with automated customer service. What would I have done without my thumbs to twiddle?
2. I hitchhiked to work one time. Thumb is handy for that.
3. Thumbs simplify picking up dropped puzzle pieces, and for holding a spoon.
4. Does a chicken use its three fingers and thumb in the same way we use our four fingers and thumb. Or does it have a big toe instead of a thumb.
5. I like it when a driver gives me a thumbs up sign.
6. One time the Israelites cut off the thumbs and big toes of their enemy. Without their toes they could not run very fast and they could not hitchhike either.
7. The thumb touching the index finger is a friendly gesture.
8. If a doctor were to perform surgery on my thumb, the nurse would wrap it in bandages, then put my hand in a plastic bag for my shower. Plastic bags from the hospital are very expensive, but I can use a Walmart bag when I get home. Just make the rubber band tight enough to hurt so I know no water can get in.
9. Some people are brilliant in their ability to survive without thumbs. Though I think it was very nice for God to give us thumbs, it was even better that he gave brains to figure out how to live a satisfying life even if the thumbs get cut off.
10. Did you know babies suck their thumbs even before they are born.
11. Before I say bye, I want to take time to thank God for the two well-worn thumbs in the picture above. I believe that is something for which I have never said thanks before.
12. Bye – as I wave to you with my hand which my thumbs go along with. I don’t even think about waving just my thumbs. I wonder what that would mean. Waving thumbs without the hand like just like they do when I twiddle…….