TIM AND EVA – AN ORDINARY COUPLE

Tim and Eva honeymooned by the silvery stream with shiny fish of glittering gold.

“Hey, Ev, honey, let’s do a little fly fishing.”

“O, Sweetheart, I’d rather stay inside and organize our wedding pictures.”

Fifty years slipped along smoothly as the stream flowed.  They returned for their golden anniversary.

“Hey, Ev, honey, let’s do a little fly fishing.”

“O, Sweetheart, I would rather stay in and write our story.”

……………..

Eva began:

“He liked fishing in the streams;

I liked logging all our dreams.

On special hobbies, we seldom agree;

But our lives have been good—just Tim and me.

*************

Written for Rochelle’s picture prompt, an entry for Friday Fictioneers. Go to https://rochellewisoff.com/ and click below the lazy frog to see how others handle this picture prompt.

PHOTO PROMPT © Penny Gadd

This entry was posted in Friday Fictioneers, Rochelle's picture prompt, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to TIM AND EVA – AN ORDINARY COUPLE

1. neilmacdon says:

The secret, perhaps, is to give each other space

Thankfully my husband allows that. He teased a bit when I got a Doctorate but he didn’t. Seriously he was proud for me. Some guys would not allow that. Of course that is because I know he knows I believe he has the brains to do that but circumstances did not let him. I have a doctorate in Christian Ministries; I had a job in Christian Education. That helped a lot! But the thesis was a big deal.

2. athling2001 says:

Great take on the prompt. Beautifully written.

Thank you. Fortunately I am among a generation who still believed in long marriage – and a generation in which it became all right to be “one’s own self” as one of two that becomes one.

3. Lorraine says:

Respecting each other’s differences is part of the chemistry for a long marriage. Eva might not enjoy fly fishing, but she does come along.

I had put away the computer for the night. However, when I walked into the other part of the house I smelled gas. Yes, third time the gas has been left on on the kitchen stove. I woke my son so he got up to open doors and put on fan. We are just letting the place air out. Amidst my “thank you Jesus” gratefulness, I am wondering what I am going to do about that danger. I’m sure I turn that knob while I am cleaning the dishes and doing the cleanup. Maybe I’ll have to start a list of things to check before bedtime. Anyway it gives me a chance to say hello and thanks for the thumbs up.

• pranabaxom says:

Oh my God, so thankful that you smelled the gas and your son was home. Some good karma there. Twenty six years back I lost my dear sister-in-law in a similar situation. She was just six months older than me. Will never forget the day when I got the long distance phone call.
        Take care and stay safe Oneta.

4. A sweet tale of respect for a loved one, despite different recreational choices.
    Lovely … Be safe 😷
    Isadora 😎

5. plaridel says:

a feel good story, pass the tissue please. 🙂

6. msjadeli says:

Tim and Eva have such an easiness between them. They are blessed to have each other ❤ ❤

7. Ain Starlingsson says:

Very nice…

8. I’ve often thought that if a couple were to have everything in common, their relationship could become somewhat competitive. Tim and Eva seem to have a perfect balance! Delightful.

9. Dale says: