1. Donuts aren’t very tasty today but the last few weeks haven’t given me many ingredients for sweet stuff – or funny stuff. Consider these ingredients. Afghanistan, Southern Border, Del Rio Bridge situation, Covid, CRT
2. Twelve thousand or so immigrants living under a bridge in Del Rio. Who wants that for your sweet tooth? Add to that my dismay when I drove down a street here in OKla. City and saw people living under a bridge here—hometown, USA.
3. You know I didn’t notice their color or ethnicity. Being “white privilege” – an consequently, a racist, it looks like I would have noticed. Or maybe I’m not racist—but I’m white so what do I know?
4. I’m so glad I was pre-BLM when such things didn’t matter so much. That also was pre-Obama, wasn’t it? It was a few decades of integration when we followed Martin Luther King’s advice. Judge on character not the color of one’s skin.
5. Many of us like to claim a prosperous soul simply because of our marvelous righteous standing in Jesus based on 3 John 2. Perhaps I AM prospering as my soul prospers. We cannot judge any other person in this matter. But I should evaluate myself honestly. Is my soul prospering?
6. Forest service people have wrapped General Sherman in fireproof aluminum. I hope it will save that national treasure. I also hope Antifa or like ilk does not hear that tree is named after a Civil War general. Of course, he fought for the Union but he owned slaves. The giant sequoia might have more to fear than nature’s wildfire.
7. Mentioning vacuuming. This was on my FB status in 2016. “I have rather sad news. It seems I might have to give up vacuuming for quite a long period of time. Maybe even for the next ten years or so. Doctors haven’t ruled on any other major life style sacrifices I might have to endure.” That excuse only lasted five years. I vacuumed my bedroom and closet yesterday. It was pretty hard. I had to move my walker to hold onto as I moved along. I haven’t decided whether that is good news or bad news.
8. I’d love to give money to conservative causes like Soros does for the Dems. I’d like to follow covid mask mandates like Newsom does. I’d like to eat the same kind of ice cream as Nancy.
9. Afghanistan, Afghanistan! Sorrow, heartbreak, humiliation, surrender, betrayal. Thanks American troops. You were/are honorable and worthy. You paid dearly for a cause lost by leaders. (Notice I didn’t put any adjectives before leaders. I was tempted.)
10. In case I haven’t offended all of you yet, here I go again. I’ll never understand the mindset of a feminist who wears the most sex appealing things then blames men for looking. If the attention is not wanted, then turn your angst to the merchandisers and demand clothing that does not invite stares.
11. How humiliating it must be today for the media and WH who prepared so extensively to save the Capitol from those far right loons who were going to have a second insurrection rally on Saturday. Nothing happened. But they had the fences up and the National Guard on standby. The huge build up did bring attention to the fact that there are people being held from January 6 without bond on very flimsy excuses.
12 This donut has a wonderful flavor. Ingredients provided by Kristie, Jaydon, Todd who paid us a wonderful Sunday afternoon visit.
13. Quote: “Learning to cope with a skinned knee, a failed school project, or a rejected friendship builds confidence and coping skills for the future; something that a generation obsessed with ‘safe spaces’ seems to lack. The sooner we learn the world isn’t a perfectly safe place, but that we can live in it safely anyway, the better off we are.” https://shoreacres.wordpress.com/