1. Donuts aren’t very tasty today but the last few weeks haven’t given me many ingredients for sweet stuff – or funny stuff. Consider these ingredients. Afghanistan, Southern Border, Del Rio Bridge situation, Covid, CRT
2. Twelve thousand or so immigrants living under a bridge in Del Rio. Who wants that for your sweet tooth? Add to that my dismay when I drove down a street here in OKla. City and saw people living under a bridge here—hometown, USA.
3. You know I didn’t notice their color or ethnicity. Being “white privilege” – an consequently, a racist, it looks like I would have noticed. Or maybe I’m not racist—but I’m white so what do I know?
4. I’m so glad I was pre-BLM when such things didn’t matter so much. That also was pre-Obama, wasn’t it? It was a few decades of integration when we followed Martin Luther King’s advice. Judge on character not the color of one’s skin.
5. Many of us like to claim a prosperous soul simply because of our marvelous righteous standing in Jesus based on 3 John 2. Perhaps I AM prospering as my soul prospers. We cannot judge any other person in this matter. But I should evaluate myself honestly. Is my soul prospering?
6. Forest service people have wrapped General Sherman in fireproof aluminum. I hope it will save that national treasure. I also hope Antifa or like ilk does not hear that tree is named after a Civil War general. Of course, he fought for the Union but he owned slaves. The giant sequoia might have more to fear than nature’s wildfire.
7. Mentioning vacuuming. This was on my FB status in 2016. “I have rather sad news. It seems I might have to give up vacuuming for quite a long period of time. Maybe even for the next ten years or so. Doctors haven’t ruled on any other major life style sacrifices I might have to endure.” That excuse only lasted five years. I vacuumed my bedroom and closet yesterday. It was pretty hard. I had to move my walker to hold onto as I moved along. I haven’t decided whether that is good news or bad news.
8. I’d love to give money to conservative causes like Soros does for the Dems. I’d like to follow covid mask mandates like Newsom does. I’d like to eat the same kind of ice cream as Nancy.
9. Afghanistan, Afghanistan! Sorrow, heartbreak, humiliation, surrender, betrayal. Thanks American troops. You were/are honorable and worthy. You paid dearly for a cause lost by leaders. (Notice I didn’t put any adjectives before leaders. I was tempted.)
10. In case I haven’t offended all of you yet, here I go again. I’ll never understand the mindset of a feminist who wears the most sex appealing things then blames men for looking. If the attention is not wanted, then turn your angst to the merchandisers and demand clothing that does not invite stares.
11. How humiliating it must be today for the media and WH who prepared so extensively to save the Capitol from those far right loons who were going to have a second insurrection rally on Saturday. Nothing happened. But they had the fences up and the National Guard on standby. The huge build up did bring attention to the fact that there are people being held from January 6 without bond on very flimsy excuses.
12 This donut has a wonderful flavor. Ingredients provided by Kristie, Jaydon, Todd who paid us a wonderful Sunday afternoon visit.
13. Quote: “Learning to cope with a skinned knee, a failed school project, or a rejected friendship builds confidence and coping skills for the future; something that a generation obsessed with ‘safe spaces’ seems to lack. The sooner we learn the world isn’t a perfectly safe place, but that we can live in it safely anyway, the better off we are.” https://shoreacres.wordpress.com/
Oh, how nice that you mentioned one of my posts — and one of my most cherished bits of wisdom. The level of fear that’s been generated in this country is remarkable. Of course, people who’ve been made fearful tend to bow to anyone who promises to make them feel ‘safe,’ and those who make such promises just smile at the degree of power they’ve been granted.
I chuckled rather cynically yesterday when I read a blog that said the writer guessed the reason some of us don’t get vaccinated was because of fear; to me, I thought some of us do get vaccinated because of fear. I certainly don’t know why anybody would get vaccinated except for fear of getting covid, or fear of being without a job, or fear of not being able to go … wherever you want to go. Fear if you don’t; fear if you do.
We need more Onetas in the world.
That’s sweet. Here have a donut. Take any you want. 😀
Please can I have a donut as well? Words of Oneta wisdom always bring blessing. Thank you.
Oh, Faye. Please help yourself to whatever you want. I had so many leftovers; wish I could have shared them. 😀 I had some cheap dough from our President – leftovers from Biden referring to you PM as “that fella down under.” Honestly!! He embarrasses this country pumpkin so much! I decided I might be a bit too bitter.
Vacuuming while using a stroller… surely some engineer can design a vacuum cleaner that doubles as a stroller. How large do you suppose the market is for such a device? J.
I had to hold on to something stable. Actually it was better when I leaned against a wall and vacuumed round about me. But when I could reach that or the bed or chair, I pulled the walker to be to lean on. Now that you have made me think through this a bit more. it would probable have been possible to sit in the walker, vacuum, move forward, sit, vacuum. It was a very light weight vacuum machine. Actually I think I like an excuse better. My husband does most of the house for me, including mopping the kitchen and utility room. He uses a Kirby vacuum which is pretty heavy. I’m sure I could get more help if I would ask. That’s not my way, however, if I can help it.
Great as always, Oneta. 💜
Dee, thanks for this response. I don’t know why I didn’t see it before tonight I always love seeing your name pop up.
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant and on target. Thank you so much and may God richly bless you in all things. YOU are a blessing.
My, my. That high praise. I thank you. I hope some of my donuts fill an aching in the belly of readers. Thanks for letting me know you are supporting me and my “Shop” of goodies. 😀