LIVING ON GIFTED TIME

There is a certain sense that most of us Christians have that God can call us home at any moment; however, we do not dwell on the thought. We move on and think about something else. If we have reports such as I have from the Echocardiogram results yesterday, we just say we are living on borrowed time.

Today I say my heart is not what is keeping me alive; my Jesus is keeping me alive. Each day is a gift and I’m thankful.

I’m living on GIFTED TIME and I’m still planning on years to live.

And the day Jesus takes me, I’ll yell back “what a way to go.”

******

Thanks, Linda G Hill, for this SoCS update prompt “way to go”

This entry was posted in death, length of life, SoCS, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to LIVING ON GIFTED TIME

1. judyjourneys says:

I love how you said it: “gifted time.”

I hope to see each day in this light. I’m so sorry for the rotten news daily of some young person who has reached extreme heights of success (like the Stanford soccer team captain) who choose to commit suicide. What a loss.

2. atimetoshare.me says:

Each day is a gift of time of grace. Thanks for the reminder.❤️

3. capost2k says:

My Dad called anything over 70 years, “Years of Grace.” I even wrote a song to celebrate our conversation in which he told me about this at 73 years of age, just a few weeks before he went Home. His idea was based on Moses’ Psalm where he says,
    “The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty.” (Psalm 90:10)
    The chorus:
    “These are the years of grace
    That the Lord has given to me,
    And though I long to see His face
    There may be reasons that I cannot see
    To keep me here in this time and place
    To learn to serve Him more faithfully.
    Though outside we appear to be dyin’
    Inside the light of Jesus is shinin’.
    He put such treasure in this earthen vase
    In these years of grace.” ©1993 c.a.post
    ❤️&🙏, c.a.
    See you here, there or in the air! 😇

4. Gloria says:

Each day is indeed a gift from God! Sounds like you’re living life to the full. Way to go Oneta!

5. JoAnna says:

Great way to go with the prompt! Sometimes I fret that I don’t have time to do everything I want to get done in a day. Thank you for reminding me that all our time – every minute – is a gift. Keep smiling your beautiful smile!

T:hank you, Sweet Girl. We should ask Linda to give your an extra star for using “way to go” in comments! Have a great Sunday with your family and the Lord. They are saying rain will be in here tomorrow. We need it, but it will keep me home. I will join the online viewers.

6. I love that concept: “living on gifted time”!!!

7. Dawn Marie says:

I echo the sentiments of many who have already commented – what a beautiful reminder that life is indeed a gift, no matter the age! I think we remember this frequently whenever new life begins; how wonderful to remember it as we progress through the years, as well! Hugs to you, Oneta for accompanying this sentiment with such lovely photos too! Your smile is just as infectious as your wise words!