“Last one in is a rotten egg!” An expression used as sort of a dare to join in, such as one might make a challenge to others to jump into cold water. “Egg him on,” has been around since the 13th century. From the Norse eddja meaning edge or urge. One more trivia question. The number of eggs in a basket doubles every minute. The basket is full of eggs in one hour. When was the basket half full?
We’ll have a laugh today on someone else’s dime. These are some blurbs that are too good to go directly to trash.
- If you want to be seen, stand up; if you want to be heard, speak up; if you want to be appreciated, shut up.
- If your daughter wants to drive, don’t stand in her way.
- A class reunion is a place where you gather to see who’s falling apart.
- Elections – Events that a held to see if the polls were right.
- Conference – a place where people talk about what they should be doing.
- My room is so small, every time I bend over, I rearrange the furniture.
- I wouldn’t hate mornings so much if they didn’t come so early.
- Exhilaration – the feeling you get from an inspiring idea that hits you until you realize what’s wrong with it.
- Herman: “have your bees done well this year?” Buford: “I can’t complain. They haven’t produced much honey, but they stung my mother-in-law a few times.”
- Your day will look pretty good compared to that of Fireman Joe Turner of Peoria, Illinois, in January of 1935. Upon hearing the fire bell ring, Fireman Joe Turner ran to the pole and slid down as fast as he could. But, in doing so, the friction caused by his speedy descent ignited some matches he had in his pocket. He was so astonished at finding himself on fire, that he let go of the pole and fell to the floor, breaking both of his legs in the process. The original fire proved to be a false alarm.