PLANTS APLENTY

Potential home buyers, Jack and Ellen were surveying the old downtown neighborhood.

“Look at that,” exclaimed Ellen “This gate is sealed. but someone waters the plant.”

“I smell a mystery a’foot,” said Jack. “Shall we look around?”

There was no “No Trespassing” sign, so they went to the back passing many lush plants.

A woman with a flower in her hair, answered with a friendly smile and an invitation into a sunroom that was prolific with blooming plants. After a pleasant parting, Jack and Ellen looked at each other and said in unison, “That woman with a green thumb had green thumbs!”

**********************************

A one-hundred-word story based on Rochelle’s picture prompt. https://rochellewisoff.com/ My thanks to Rochelle for hosting this fun and challenging event and to Brenda Cox for the picture. More fun and original stories at Rochelle’s. Just go click the froggies.

PHOTO PROMPT © Brenda Cox

This entry was posted in Friday Fictioneers and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to PLANTS APLENTY

Possibly, but I don’t generally do sci-fi. Maybe she just liked the notion of having “a green thumb” with the ability to grow plants well, so she used cake coloring on her thumb to enhance her image. Take you pick or write a third choice. 😀

1. Iain Kelly says:

Mysterious last line!

2. CGraith says:

A pleasant and intriguing tale, thanks for sharing!

3. Bear says:

Love that last line twist to the tale.

4. plaridel says:

glad they came out of there alive. 🙂

5. James McEwan says:

Yes, she was the mysterious keeper of the plants–nature at its best.

6. Good thing they made it out … 😉

7. msjadeli says:

I wonder if they will buy a home in the neighborhood?

8. Well, that is a lovely mystery. I certainly don’t green thumbs either way. Well done!

9. Margaret says:

I wonder why writers never acquired the nickname of ‘black thumbs’ before keyboards were invented. I certainly had a few black thumbs and fingers back in those days. Nice story I like your gardening character. She’s mysterious, but kind, I feel.

Good, I like her also. I was with a group one time who decided to mark ourselves as Christians by doing something like staining our pinkie fingers with red cake dye to identify as Christians as we went shopping. Something like that. It was not very successful. But maybe my flower lady belonged to a “green thumb” club who colored their thumbs green on the day their club meets. I think I have several possibilities listed in these comments. Possibilities that are not weird or supernatural. Thanks for the comment and for liking my lady.

10. It turned out that they found a green thumb gardener who was friendly.
    You just can’t tell a book by its cover. Nice one …
    Isadora 😎