TUES-DAY, NEWS-DAY

1. How do you like that title?  Nice ring to it, now lets see if I can make it worth reading.

2. I’m all out happy that the American Eagle is keeping her eggs and eaglets in the nest.  It is sad to think such a mother would deliberately put an end to her children.

3. I’ve left the land of Therapy again.  Back to my walking routine.  At least if I can count two days of walking a routine!  My goal is a mile a day four days a week.  Or four hours a week if I have to cut some corners on some days.

4. I aghast that I can’t think of any putdowns for President Biden or V.P. Harris without feeling like I stepping on the weak.

5. We did primary voting here in Oklahoma today.  I have my cheat sheet so I can remember for whom I voted.  I’ll watch tonight to see if I have any winners.  Lots of good men and women there.  Hard to know who would be best.  But if I won’t vote, I surely am in no place to criticize.

6. I am not one to think poorly of politicians.  I think it is a noble calling.  But, oh, so  hard to work in a  swamp without getting dirty.

7. But I am wide open to criticizing policies.

8. For one.  Not using our own natural resources, but buying from those who do.

9. Question.  When another country burns coal, does it do damage to the climate control like it does when the USA burns coal?

10. Another subject, another question.  If states who have the least gun controls, have the least homicides, and the cities with the most gun controls, have the most homicides, why have more gun control.  Maybe the people are different rather than the gun controls, or lack thereof.

11.   If I don’t wrap this up and post, I will have to call it Wednes-day, News-day.  That is like a creech on the chalkboard.

12.  With that I say So Long.

This entry was posted in opinion, Tues-day and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to TUES-DAY, NEWS-DAY

1. Dawn Marie says:

Hugs to you for giving what I judge to be all valid points in your News Feed, Oneta! I shall look forward to reading (Another) Tues-Day News-Day!

2. atimetoshare.me says:

Right on Oneta. I’m with you all the way. We need to talk about the next presidential election again. I’d be happy to be your campaign manager.

3. Salvageable says:

Congratulations on your progress getting back on your feet! Congratulations also on having good people on the ballot from which to choose. I agree: politics is a noble profession, and we should honor and respect those who dedicate their lives to it–even when we disagree with their policies. In regard to coal, China and India were given exemptions from the limits the rest of the world accepted because they were still “catching up” in the industrial sense. This made a mockery of all the agreements, which is why President Trump removed our nation’s signature from them. Finally, the mainstream news media has been trying to prove that parts of the country with the fewest gun laws have the largest number of gun injuries and deaths. They achieved this by including suicides and accidental shootings along with homicides and with looking only at the year 2020, not a normal year for studies of this kind. J.

4. Kim Smyth says:

Congrats for your workout and on bringing political discussion without raising too many hackles. I’m always afraid to broach that subject 😉💕

Thanks, Kim. I try to stir the pot once in a while.
      Most generally I do not get as many comments as I would like. If I get punctured, a little knowledge might roll in – or out. 😀

5. Jacquie says:

Cute! And very apropos!

6. Frank Hubeny says:

Good point: It’s “hard to work in a swamp without getting dirty”

I feel great sympathy for some folks that that has happened to. So often Washington demands making compromises of one gets nothing at all. But compromises are often dealt with bitterly by the electorate and media (if you are on their wrong side.)

7. Oneta, I thought at first the comment about the American Eagle was metaphor … was it???
    “But if I won’t vote, I surely am in no place to criticize.” Amen! I’ve always said that anyone who doesn’t vote forfeits their right to complain.
    Good points about cities and gun control. I just think criminals with guns would prefer to go somewhere they’re not likely to get shot back.