1 I’m preparing Thursday’s Thoughts on Wednesday evening. Why? Because I have an appointment in the morning, Thursday, at 10:00.
2. The appt is to take the Medicare Wellness Test, whatever that is. I’m sure they will get around to asking me if I am depressed or think about committing suicide. No, I am not and no I do not.
3. I hope they will ask me to repeat of series of numbers. That is fun. Or say the alphabet from Z to A. That’s fun, too. But I have to think it out; I can’t just rattle them off. I wonder if I ever could. Maybe in the classroom when I had the alphabet charts spread over the blackboards. I have a shopping list. I noticed something special about it today. (Sometimes God makes things so easy for me!) Five things that start with B. Bounce, beads, bananas, bleach. Oops, what is the fifth one? (Me, in my head: “maybe it was just four, no, it was five, four, no five, four – Now you’ve gone and ruined my night!“)
4. I just had to change my password on my online banking. I’ll tell you what it is. CqurNGGS4ever. Well, I lied to you, but that is the neatest bumper sticker! Can you read it? Don’t give the answer away. Just “yes” or “no.” Maybe I’ll give you the answer in next Thursday’s Thoughts.
5. My 4th was terrific. My granddaughter and her family come over. We had a blow-out of food and fireworks. The picture at top was taken that night. Note that red hair bow. I love being over eighty!
6. Sammy was hurt in an accident while carrying a panel of glass. He only got a cut on his leg, but his back has given him pain for five days. He is doing better. He has commandeered my recliner, and even my bed for a night or two. Oh, yes, I do let him think he is a 5-star General sometimes. How else did we make 69 years? 😀 I got a bit irritated when he told me I could sleep on the sofa! But like a private first class, I slept on the sofa.
7. He did go out the door to the patio a couple times today. That heat out there gave him lots of motivation to move fast as he came back inside. At least as fast as a rooster with its feet in handcuffs.
8. Roger and ReNee were gone a few days. We miss them greatly when they go. Carl come to help out while they were gone. He is a great replacement. My two sons! And their wives. Such blessings to us.
9. Something to think about. Carl was talking about the demons which seem to be over certain countries or cities. I said, “But those ought to be easy to get rid of. Jesus has given you authority over those. It is evil men/women who are the hard problem. Even Jesus will not make them behave; they have a will he does not control.” At first blush, Carl liked that. We decided we needed to think it over. What do you think?
10. Roger thinks we will have another litter of bunnies by morning. I’ll keep you up on the bunny mill we are developing. Statement from Wikipedia “There are many different types of mills and many types of materials processed in them.” We are endeavoring to process rabbits. 😀
Great picture of you. I love the red bow and top!
The great life for eighties. 😀
Your photo is really nice! Glad you had a fun 4th. I notice items on our grocery lists do that, too … lots of thing starting with the same first letter. haha! 🙂
One way to help us remember. They say “necessity is the mother of invention.” Some younger people write it down; I don’t because I wouldn’t be able to find the list. 😀 Of course, If you are of an entirely different century, you use your cell.
Same here with losing lists. Plus we didn’t grow up with much technology, so it takes awhile to get used to using it. 🙂
1. I know the feeling; if I don’t lay my clothes out for the next day, it’ll take an extra half-hour to get dressed!
2. The Voice Of Experience: Yes, they do ask those questions. 😉
3. Gotta KNOW! What was the fifth B? 😲
4. Secure… forever. No idea what NGGS might be? Do you remember? 😅
5. You have more stamina than Anita and me. We were in bed with our ear plugs by 9pm. 😴
6. An 85 year old friend of mine told me about a problem on his roof that he had gone UP TO EXAMINE!! I told him men his age should NOT be doing certain things they could do when they were 60 year old youngsters! 🤨
7. “a rooster with his feet in handcuffs.”?? That will be an image in my head for a few days! 😂
8. “But this kind never comes out except by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:21
9. “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.” Psalm 127:3
10. “Reproducing like rabbits” is more than just an idiom!
Nice tit for tat. Fun reading. Thanks. NGGS? Yes, I remember. In Jesus. Secure in Jesus forever. Good, huh?
Yes I read your bumper sticker and yes, I got its meaning! Good one!!
Lovely picture of you, looks like you were having a blast!
I enjoy your blogs so much, they make me miss my hubby’s granny though. She was similar to you but she was not as light hearted. Fierce Southern Baptist which we steered away from. I left the Catholic Church too. My hubby and I are Methodists.
I’m sure you will ace your Medicare exam! 🤣😉☺️
Glad you liked my bumper sticker. And I take it as a compliment that I am like your granny. I do find with the Methodists. At least with the “original” beliefs. That’s where my “holiness” bent comes from. John Wesley was no pushover!
You are so looking great at 80! 🥰 I’m praying I can reach at least 70.
Thank you, dear. I am a full 88 years old, well that is over 80. A long way over 80. Be blessed with good health and a healing Lord. My husband is 93 this month.
What? 93? Oh my! Will I ever be, at least, 70? You are such an inspiration! Thank you, Oneta!