1. QUESTION. Since a bill was passed in Congress to do away with “time changes,” but we still have to change tonight at two am, will that be the last change we have to make? And why do we have to do it this time? I’m asking because the cows in my back yard want to know what time to come in for milk delivery tomorrow. I told them I would try to find out.
2. Some time ago I made a remark about a lawn tractor at Lowe’s that cost $5300. CA Post https://capost2k.wordpress.com/ commented about that being a lot. I got whimpy about it and said maybe it was $3500 instead of $5300. Sometimes I give in too easily. I went by this week and took this picture.
3. Linda G. Hill https://lindaghill.com/ suggested that we use one of our favorite words for our SoCS today. I decided my favorite word was “congratulations;” however, I did not write a SoCS about it. I guess it is a favorite because it is so easy to use; in fact now if you want to say that word to someone, you can write “cong” and bingo the rest of the word pops up automatically. Now how nice is that compared to going to the Dollar Tree for a card, looking up an address, paying the major portion of a dollar for a stamp, hand writing an address, looking up my old labels sent to me from that Boys Home place in Texas, and feeling compelled to say something more than is in the card already….. But now I have decided that “congratulations” is definitely not my favorite word. I’m shooting it over to the unfavorite list. Do I need to tell you why? No, I’ve said enough about that? Okay.
4. I’m expecting to have a great “CONGRATULATIONS” Day Tuesday, or Wednesday, when we have a “Return to Common Sense” Day. A new day for America. However, the President has already said we will probably not know for a few days after the election. He does not know how long it will take to count the votes but he is sure it will not be done on election day. (We will not have had time to see how many more votes will be needed to maintain “democracy” in America.)
5. I have heard more about democracy in the last week than I have heard in all my life. “Democracy” is so hard to find statistics on. Not like gas prices, bread prices, illegals who collect social security, number of murders in Chicago, number of Covid booster shots needed. That kind of stuff. Oh, take off number of booster shots needed. Nobody knows that yet. We do know five is not enough.
6. Well, me and my sisterhood (as in white suburban women) have been given a new analogy—a rather picturesque one.– roaches. Quote Sunny Hostin: “I read a poll just yesterday that white Republican suburban women are now going to vote Republican. It’s almost like roaches voting for Raid.” Cute, huh?
7. Isn’t it terrible how the Republicans have caused such disunity in our country! A lot of us refuse to stay in Hillary’s basket of deplorables. We just keep popping up to say we “don’t agree” with much of “woke” weirdness!
8. President Biden and I do not share much in common. I rue the day(s) he goes on his big money give-aways. It is going to be interesting to see how much effort his administration puts toward getting back the money that has already been given out for “forgiving student loans.” I guess that will have to be done, won’t it? Now the Supreme Court says it is unconstitutional? I’ll watch the FBI go to South Beach and “recover” some of that money!
9. But while he is giving, I hope I get my huge Social Security raise. Oh, am I not diverse enough for that?
10. I guess the most I can hope for, is to keep buying an ice cream cone now and then. Let’s see, if I have been having a cone every week, now I can afford two cones every three weeks. In another month or two, I can cut back to three cones a month. Glad it is winter. I’ll swap for a cup of hot chocolate at Mom and Pops. How Much? … If I buy the condensed packets at Walmarts… I mean Aldi’s …. Starbucks, are you out of your mind!
11. I could ask Kamala where she …. Oh, she doesn’t even make the coffee at the White House? What does she do? Oh, makes explains about Ukraine and watches out for school buses.
12. Do you think Fetterman will go to Congress? If so, he might be the perfect liaison person to communicate with President Biden. President has mastered the “now what did they say for me to do:” Fetterman can do that now…most probably.
I wondered about the daylight saving time business myself, and just found the answer here. While the Senate has voted to end it, the House of Representatives still isn’t on board. So, we keep on resetting clocks until the Congress gets their act together. Don’t hold your breath!
Thanks. I’m surprised. If they cannot arrive at a decision on this issue, I am stymied indeed. ‘
I can remember a time when we knew by the time we went to bed who was elected and who wasn’t. Now I guess they need to know how many ballots cast by dead and imaginary people need to be added to give them what they want. I say we all secede…
Ah, I remember those days. Back when only US citizens could vote! And they voted on election day!
Wow, you CAN be snarky for a dainty little woman… assuming you ARE still a woman and not one of those unnatural transy things… you know what I mean… zombies. Honest, all I meant was a zombie from Transylvania! 🤪
Keep everyone on their toes, dear sister.
And yep, John Deere does make a $5399 lawn mower‼️
Snarky? Only if I try. Of course, if someone passes me a snarky ball I’ll keep it rolling to see how much muck it can expose. I believe “deeds of darkness” will hide from the light. I have to continually “furrow” my own fields with a resultant “woe is me” which I cast at His feet. Thanks for the snarky ball; I’m sure I will return to it soon. 😀
I am also in a state waiting to get rid of the time change. We passed a law, but they said, nope, you have to vote on it. So we voted for it! Nope, now you have to get the Governor to sign off on it. So we did that, too! Nope, now it takes an act of congress, so they will have to approve it first.
Very funny, Oneta. I guess we are now sister roaches! 🙂
Smiling with you. You go first, I’ll follow. Where we going? We’re climbing out of the basket of deplorables. Finding our voice. You shout out; I’ll say amen. 😀
I know it’s obvious that the only way to fix this upside-down world we live in is for Jesus’s return, and even then, not all will be going with Him. I pray people change their hearts before then!
Oneta….this post is a treasure! I am sharing with my friends because I know they will love your view on the state of this country and be in full agreement. Yes it might be snarky but after raising three sons I can totally do snarkiness….keep it coming and we will keep climbing out of that basket of deplorables. Thank you! Thank you!