I’m at home, all alone
Enjoying the moment – just my own.
Listening to the lack of sounds
—-Oh, no, listen again
Hear the susurrous sounds?
The pleasant sound in memory
Of children playing
Of husband saying
He will be gone a while.
So I can still smile
At the promise of a remedy.
I do like moments all alone
But only if it’s known
That the family will all be coming home.
MW word of the day – susurrous, definition full of whispering sounds
Portrait of a Boy with Falcon – Wallerant Vaillant (The Met – Public Domain)
Boy with Falcon – tamed,
Both longed to soar open skies
But neither was free.
Challenge to use picture with these words “soar/free/open” by
Note to my blogging friends. My grandchildren are not here today so I’m doing some catch up. They will be back, so maybe I’m doing “get ahead.” 😀
I don’t understand how some people can be so flippant regarding our nation. They take so much for granted – ignorant regarding the price that has been paid for our “land of the free.” They seem not to care how many gave their fortunes and their lives to establish us as a “nation under God.” For people who diligently obey the laws. For first responders who take great risks. For soldiers who died. For those who returned wounded in body and spirit.
I am quoting from a FB friend (Clyde M. Hughes) who wrote the following:
“I stood six times, 15 feet from Union soldiers who died prematurely as a result of their wounds at Present Arms while the Flag covered caskets passed by or a folded flag was carried to accompany cremains. Six more times we stood at attention while the sad song of Taps was played. I do it for the honor of the tens of thousands buried there. I do it for the great idea of America. I do it because God birthed this nation to be the beacon to the world. I do it for with all my heart I know that even with all our faults, God loves America still.”
Vote for “one nation under God.”
Word of the day: https://wordofthedaychallenge.wordpress.com/2018/11/05/flippant/
Resolve this question –
Not method: guns, knives, nor trucks –
But why such evil?
Challenge from Ronovan – haiku using “resolve” and “question”
Something I came up with doing my study on capitalism. Don’t want to just toss it so have some fun. Keeping this short because I don’t want to be VERBOSE (Word of the day – Merriam Webster).
- Luke ______a. Pharisee, ruler of the Jews (See John 3:1.)
- Nicodemus ______b. Priest (See Luke 1:5.)
- Simon ______c. Physician (See Col. 4:14.)
- Zacharias ______d. Beggar (See Mark 10:46.)
- Paul ______e. Tanner (See Acts 9:43.)
- Matthew (Levi) ______f. Tentmaker (See Acts 18:1–3.)
- Joseph ______g. Carpenter (See Matt. 1:18; Matt. 13:55.)
- Lydia ______h. Tax collector (publican) (See Matt. 9:9; Luke 5:27.)
- Bartimaeus ______i. Centurion (See Acts 10:1.)
- Cornelius ______j. Seller of purple (dye) (See Acts 16:14.)
- Zebedee ______a. Slave
- Anna ______b. Prophetess
- Dorcas ______c. Tax Collector
- Simon ______d. Sorcerer
- Zacchaeus ______e. Dress Maker
- Pricilla ______f. Tent Maker
- Martha ______g. Homemaker
- Onesimus ______h. Fisherman