“It has no search feature or spell check……. NAY I SAY NAY”
A reader has given me pause by voting against social media of my day. 😀 Thanks, Lander7. I told Lander 7 I would be back. So I am giving him points for his challenge to my form of social media. He is right. So I give you some advantages of today’s social media. (First two were Lander7’s; next are mine.)
- No search feature. Right. I have been impressed with the way FB contributors check to be sure their facts are correct.
- No spell check. Right. I’m impressed with the spelling competence of today’s text messages.
- No delay in communication. Right. I’m impressed with the ability of someone in China to see that I want rubber-soled footwear and rapidly fill my FB wall with ads.
- No need for a “diagram-able” sentence. (That word is poetic license for those who do not do use initialisms and emojis.) Right. Especially nice for those who sleep through their grammar classes.
- Very useful for starting a riot within four hours. Right. Right-to-lifers have to pass out posters at churches on Sunday, and nobody pays attention to something said on only one Sunday. Three months will probably be necessary.
- A good way to find out who the gang has picked as the next victim to bully. Right. One can hardly get by with being a school bully anymore – school discipline even applies to bus riders.
- Good for showing latest trends in hair styles. Right. No longer have to see what Quarterback Joe chose at the last trip to the barber.
- Excellent for quiet times. Right. Quiet times right in the midst of family reunions, school lectures, even football games! (Not mentioning church.)
- Works to cut down over-population. Right. It seems to be a good means to cause despair – anyone say suicide?
Positive side of 1900’s social media next. Maybe tomorrow but my grandchildren are here so I’m not sure of my schedule. Now if I could text, I could text their daddy and see what they will be doing tomorrow. 😀 But I can’t text. I use too many letters and my sentences are too long!
I have visited Lander7’s blog. He writes very well – articles even! He spells correctly, uses good vocabulary, and his sentences are simple, compound, and complex!
Thanks, Lander7. I hope you have had fun with me today.
Visit Lander7 seven at http://en.gravatar.com/landerseven Most of you, as well as I, love comments that enlarge on our thoughts.