“HE WHO WATCHES OVER ME”

stove top

Found the following account in some of my writing stuff.  It happened four years ago.  Just being thankful for life.

**************

I don’t know what wakened me at 1:15 a.m. but I slipped out of sleep enough to became aware of a gaseous odor. I got up to check it out and found a kitchen stove gas knob on. That was a lot of gas that filled the house from the stove to my bed! I apparently had accidentally turned the knob on when I washed the stove at about 10:00 or so.

Join me with a special shout out as I give thanks to Jesus that I woke instead of slipping into eternal sleep instead.  Would have been easy, but I choose life!

So another psalm (121:3) “He will not let your foot slip – he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber not sleep.”

This entry was posted in inspiration, thankfulness, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to “HE WHO WATCHES OVER ME”

1. Scott says:

I’m glad you are alive and that I am alive. Thanks for this reminder of His eternal protection.

2. thewayonline says:

🙏🏻 Praise God! He is always watching over us…that much gas you are a walking miracle. You could have lost consciousness and died .

3. another reminder that He is with us while we slumber and while we wake!

And it is also a reminder that when anything comes against us it doesn’t just sneak past our Ever Alert Lord. He allows it; therefore, it is for our good and for the good of his kingdom. We will never be caught in a random incident. Thanks, Julie.

• Sobering words Oneta—words I need to be reminded of often–that He allows it…and in so doing it is for the good of his kingdom—of which pretty much trumps my kingdom—
        hard words too as I often sit in the moment hanging on, wondering over the silence but clinging to the knowledge that He is not absent…

There is a purpose for everything. Beats me what it is when I watch my sister dying of cancer – blowing away at a few pounds a week. But I must say I have never seen such a paragon of grace, faith, love, and wisdom in spite of the pain. All I can hang on to is that there is reason. Still there is hope; still there is Jesus!

4. Praise God for His continual watchcare over us. And for something as simple as a sense of smell!

Thank you Oneta for blogging this reminder of Grace. Thank God indeed for Grace that keeps us travelling. Memories of the times ‘we might have gone home’ only strengthen our faith and desire to go forward one day at a time with gratitude. His is well able to keep us until the day of His Desiring. Blessings and love!

OOps. HE IS WELL ABLE! a-men